London SE1 community website

Allotments

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 3 July 2006 5.26pm
Ivanhoe,

I will invite you sometime during the summer hols. We have two reasonably sized plots though the young gardeners seem to have opted for strawberries to the exclusion of much else. So one week of strawberry glut and now nothing.

My friend has an allotment off Lorn Road in Stockwell (Lambeth) There are also some near Vauxhall City Farm.

Sarah
Tuesday 4 July 2006 10.35am
Ooooh. Great. Thanks Sarah.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 23 February 2007 1.33pm
I read this thread with interest as I would very much like to put my name down for an allotment, or a share of the allotment. I have written to Bermondsey and Rotherhithe Horticulturaly Society but I am guessing from your messages in this thread that I will probably not get a reply.

My nearest allotments are the ones on St James' Road in SE16. Did anyone manage to get hold of anyone that ran these allotments?

Was anyone succesful with finding their own?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gemma
Tuesday 27 February 2007 11.04am
There are some off of HAYLES STREET behind ST GEORGES ROAD. I put my name on a waiting list but was told that it might take three years - That was about three years ago and I have never heard anything more. I no longer have the relevant phone number to see if there is ever any hope of even getting a half share. Anyone know who the contact is?
Tuesday 14 August 2007 4.31pm
Has there been any more info on allotments in the SE1 area since these postings? I am having to give up a veg garden and my chickens to move 'down south' next month and I'm sure I'll be suffering withdrawal very quickly!
Tuesday 11 September 2007 8.50pm
I'd also be interested in finding out if there are any updates or if anyone knows where has a waiting list under 5 years!
Wednesday 12 September 2007 1.24pm
I'm still working with Simon Hughes to try to get a few allotments reinstated. It's a tiny patch so it's not going to make a big difference but I'll post when I have any news.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 5.53pm
I have one of the allotments in St James's Road/Lynton Road SE16 and know there was a waiting list at the start of the year. A smaller allotment area was set recently aside at Paterson Park since the previous allotment in that area was taken over for the City Academy but think most of those were allocated from the waiting list. I don't the wait for the allotment coming under Bermondsey & Rotherhithe Hort. Soc. is too long and it's worth persisting if St James' Road/Paterson Park is near you.

If you haven't had a response, let me know and I'll post the contact name.
Monday 8 October 2007 9.56pm
hi,
we had to wait nearly 8 years on a waiting list to get an allotment in the SE1 .
good luck to you.
Monday 8 October 2007 10.28pm
Where did you get one in the end Pallolem? I can't find any sites which are actually in SE1. There are some near Walworth but unless you live in SE16 you can't even apply.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions