London SE1 community website

Washing machine repair - help!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Monday 25 June 2007 7.38am
Bumping up an ancient thread here because I just found it on a google search and had something to say on it about Pimlico Plumbers. Obviously different people have had different experiences of them - that will always be the case. My experience was that they quoted an outrageously high price for a boiler replacement in a single story one bed flat. The guy who came round also told me I needed a Vaillant that I checked out on the web - it was powerful enough for a small semi-detached house, way over spec for my needs. I eventually got a small combi installed (and the old one taken away) for 900 - this was in 2005. The Pimlico Plumbers guy quote? 5,000!! <pause> PLUS VAT!!

He came across as a total blagger - and while I was aware enough to know this was a crazy price, I really felt that if he had a desperate/over-nice/naive client and it was the middle of winter (I got lucky and mine conked out in July) - they might have paid.

Naughty!
Thursday 9 August 2007 11.00pm
WASHING MACHINE ENGINEER
REPAIRING:

All domestic washing machines and tumble dryers; any make and model.

- On site repairs

- work done by qualified engineer

- Available 7 days a week including evenings

- No fixed fee!

- An honest price from a professional worker

THERE IS NO NEED TO REPLACE YOUR MACHINE WHEN THERE IS A SIMPLE
SOLUTION.

Magnus
Tuesday 24 March 2009 7.42pm
Cliff was friendly and very helpful. He explained what needed to be done and was very cheap. He was prompt and I would definately recommend. Really glad I found this forum!

Thanks Teresa for the advice, even 6 years on!
Tuesday 24 March 2009 8.30pm
Pimlico Plumbers have personalised number plates on their vans, like LOO2TAP - they must be making bundles- good luck to them!
Thursday 11 March 2010 11.06am
I called in the same guy Cliff (Coulston) mentioned above to fix my machine. I'd definitely recommend him. He seemed like someone with a lot of experience and who knows what he's doing. He was also friendly and seemed like someone you could genuinely trust. And he wasn't expensive either!

His contact number is 07931540287

Thanks to those who recommended him!
Saturday 10 April 2010 3.05pm
Came across this thread and thought I could add a couple of comments as I run a White goods repair company and could be impartial as we dont currently cover SE postcodes (glotech repairs).

When booking callouts make sure that all charges are checked before hand - this stops anyone bumping up costs when they are at your property and they have you cornered.

Also ask what the charge would be if the appliance was not worth repairing - you could try to fix this cost at a lower price.

Remember that if you try to find someone that will come out for nothing they will make the cost up on parts which might not even be required. Find someone with a sensible labour charge that is fair to both parties. - No one works for nothing

If engineers are incentivised too heavily on the job total cost then there will be inconsistancies between engineers. Also engineers willing to bend the truth will be attracted to these companies by the amount of money they can make. We incentivise the engineers on whether they complete jobs quickly but not if they write the product off. It is however difficult to find out how staff are incentivised.

Remember to ask for how long the work is guaranteed and make sure you get a proper receipt with all the work done (and that you can read it).

Personal recommendations are the best way to go so forums like this are very handy for getting some direction. Sorry if this post is long

Mark
Saturday 10 April 2010 3.22pm
I tried Cliff as recomended a few times elewhere on this forum. He arrived this am but refused to do the job, as there is no where to park directly outside my house, even though I directed him to a car-park about 400 yards away. I understand parking is a pain, I was just about to offer him money for the car-park but he just walked off and said there is nothing I can do for you!

So anymore sugestions. I have emailed a few companys for quotes but no response as yet. I think the job is a very simple one in removing a water inlet/filter to clean it but I can't get it off, Zanussi who I rang said get an engineer to do it.
Wednesday 14 April 2010 3.46pm
Anyone know a reliable washing machine repair man? Who?
Wednesday 14 April 2010 3.49pm
Jan Lane You certainly seem to know the right people!
Sunday 6 January 2013 12.43pm
Dont know much about plumbing but when my samsung fridge broke down a goggled for a repairman and there was pimilico plumbers they came out wish they didnt they havent got a clue when it comes to refrigeration the bloke told me i had a faulty compressor and that they werent qualified to regas why are you advetising for fridge repairs if your guys arent compitent or not qualified just pure greed i think anyway got hold of another company agsrefrigeration who came out at price agreed and behold nothing to do with a faulty compressor but something to do with defrost cycle which they replaced appliance works just fine now. I have spoken to a few another people who have all had the same experience with them in regards to fridge repairs they are a JOKE and that all they do is turn up give you some bull and you probably end up chucking the thing away. The moral of the story is a jack of all trades is a master of none if you want a plumber call a plumber if you want a fridge engineer call a FRIDGE ENGINEER or try these guys i found them in which magazine www.agsrefrigeration.co.uk. Tel 07723019161.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions