London SE1 community website

Washing machine repair - help!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Tuesday 26 February 2013 4.20pm
Bumping an old thread.

wondering if anyone can recommend someone who can repair washing machines? Mine's not draining. 4 year old Bosch, so very much hoping that it doesn't need replacing already
Tuesday 26 February 2013 4.52pm
Have you checked that the filter isn't clogged up?
Tuesday 26 February 2013 5.42pm
No, but thanks for the tip. I will check that out, and hope that's what it is :)
Tuesday 26 February 2013 6.28pm
Usually something simple, those Boschs are bullet proof!
Thursday 28 February 2013 10.56am
Saturday 24 August 2013 9.47pm
Based on the recommendations above, I tried Cliff...I definitely DO NOT recommend him. I called him on Tuesday and he initially agreed to come on Saturday as week days were not convenient for him. Not hearing from him in the day, I gave him a ring and he said he was working and had never agreed an appointment. Rubbish, he has left us with no washing machine while we basically waited for him all week. Was almost rude on the phone as well. Looks like his good reputation has gone to his head.
Sunday 25 August 2013 2.03am
had appealing experience with Cliff too- go back a few pages on thread and you will see others have= not helpful to say - I told ya- but just in case others are thinking of it= as in employing him
Sunday 25 August 2013 2.04am
spell check let me down - meant APPALLING EXPERIENCE
Sunday 25 August 2013 2.45pm
It's sometimes worth checking the manufacturer's site first.

Hoover fixed my out-of-guarantee dishwasher within 48hrs on Friday for a flat-fee 119 (no extras such as callout, congestion charge or parking, and comes with a year's guarantee on the work as well).

That might still sound a lot - but as it was the circuit board that had failed, I doubt an independent repairman would've done it for the price and had the part readily available.
Thursday 12 September 2013 1.32pm
This guy fixed my washing machine,,he seems to be a very skilled handy man
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions