London SE1 community website

Best Indian in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8
Tuesday 2 December 2008 10.57am
I used to live in Twickenham, Chavender, and, now that you mention it, I've been surprised by the quality of the Indian restaurants round here too. Maybe I just haven't been going to the right ones. SE1 has countless redeeming qualities,but every so often I've sneaked back to visit friends and enjoy Middx Indian food....
Wednesday 3 December 2008 11.06am
Mumbai on Dockhead gets my vote. We've never had a bad experience with them (both take-away and eat-in).
Friday 5 December 2008 10.16pm
After reading people's posts on here we went to Mumbai on Dockhead tonight for the first time and it was absolutely excellent! Nice staff and great food!
Saturday 6 December 2008 8.52am
Only one review of Mumbai on this site and its a pretty awful one
Monday 8 December 2008 6.12pm
Indigo on Stamford Street is great - we go there for lunch from work fairly often and I love that they have some unexpected things on the menu.

The service is great too...
Tuesday 9 December 2008 4.12pm
I have also regularly enjoyed take away from Mumbai and have eaten in a couple of times too. Lovage is also good, although I have only had takeaway once - their takeaway dishes are different to the restaurant menu - and I agree Cafe Nawaz is worth a visit.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 6.42pm
Yes, Cafe Nawaz is definitely good news.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 9.33pm
Simply Indian or Cafe Nawaz for me, or a cheeky cab ride across to Whitechapel and the Lahore Kebab House.
Wednesday 10 December 2008 8.49pm
My fave is Cafe Silka in Albion St SE16 been going here since it opened the food is the best I've tasted
highly recommend.
Thurs and Sunday you can get a starter,main, side dish, rice and nan 10.99 pp.

http://www.cafesillka.co.uk/3.html

The best in SE1 has to be Indigo this is my parters fav indian.

http://www.indigorestaurant.net/
Monday 15 December 2008 9.48pm
come on ...Simply Indian & then Tower Tandoori!!!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions