London SE1 community website

Best Indian in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8
Tuesday 16 December 2008 6.59am
'Best????' or 'cheapest' Indian in SE1?

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Wednesday 17 December 2008 3.38pm
I don't know if anyone agrees, but I have noticed that Tower Tandoori's dishes have been getting progressively sweeter recently. I generally eat there or get takeaway once a month. My fave is the Keema Boti Masala but the last time I ordered it it was so sweet I nearly gagged. Anyone with similar experiences ?
Wednesday 17 December 2008 5.34pm
Tower Bridge Tandoori (South of Grange Road/Bermondsey St.) is much better than Tower Tandoori (closer to the river).
Wednesday 17 December 2008 5.51pm
I think you've got Tower Tandoori and The Bridge Tandoori the wrong way round, Carmenes82

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 17 December 2008 8.49pm
Quite right - good spot!

In answer to the question then, I have always been impressed with the Tower Tandoori. Why not just have a quiet word with the manager (he seems like a nice chap).
Friday 13 March 2009 2.24pm
The Blue Eyed Maid (pub on Borough High Street) has recently started doing a eat-as-much-as-you-like Indian buffet downstairs at 5 (along the same lines as Simply Indian and Cafe Nawaz nearby). Better than both, IMHO.
Friday 13 March 2009 4.55pm
the "eat as much as you like" buffet thing surely compromises on quality of ingredients and cooking...id rather pay more for better quality. the gosht kadai at Cafe Nawaz is superb btw
Friday 13 March 2009 7.01pm
dunno Paul, I have had the 6 all-you-can-scoff lunch buffet at Cafe Nawaz and have to say the quality is superb - no skimping in sight.
Saturday 14 March 2009 12.19pm
Is the Nawaz eat-as-much-as-you-can, I mean like any good for vegetarians?
Saturday 14 March 2009 12.32pm
Usually, the buffet has 1 or 2 meat dishes (chicken seems the usual) the other dishes are defo veggie and there are lots of them - sag aloo, chick peas, rice, curried potatoes, etc, etc.

Don't be put off if you are a meat eater - the meat course is kept stocked up - but yes, the buffet is ideal for vegetarians.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions