London SE1 community website

Fenced-in space opposite Lye Torng restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 13 July 2006 2.08pm
Oh I'm just so sick of this completely unprincipled building....on the one hand everyone banging on about green spaces and quality of life, and on the other hand replacing the high rise buildings they're pulling down with more and higher rising buildings...it's a JOKE. And trees coming down everywhere. Our parking lot at MCH has some really nice trees which are just starting to be "real trees" i.e. they've gone beyond the sapling stage, and now they're going to cut them all down and put up their ruddy tower, blocking the sunshine of the poor people in the South Block who always had the morning sun pouring in and now are going to be in total darkness. As will the people who move into the West facing flank of the new building, never mind the East facing ones who will have their teeth shaking from the trains day and night. And finally Mr. Prescott will go - but too late.
Friday 28 July 2006 10.00pm
Given all the above information, my guess is that the small bit of land next to the Lye Torng is being tarted up as a kids playground as a sop for losing the bigger play space on the other side of the road.
Friday 28 July 2006 10.24pm
You're right,Prospect, it has been tarted up and I have seen small children playing on the new slide in there. Pity they put in all the new plants while the earth was so dry.
Saturday 29 July 2006 6.32am
I'm off to view this marvel. Grandchildren arriving. Concentrates the mind.
Saturday 29 July 2006 6.37am
Jackie, it's terribly small, so hope your grandchildren are also. At least you can get a drink from the Lye Torng opposite and sit on a bench there!
Thursday 7 September 2006 10.04am
thanks for the heads up james i'm afraid we were not aware plans had been made..
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions