London SE1 community website

Buying a TV in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 14 July 2006 9.32am
One of these days soonish, we'll buy a new TV. It won't be particularly swish or high-tech, but I'd be very pleased if it were to come from a local shop. I'd be especially pleased if it were to come from an independent shop rather than a local branch of a chain electronics store.

I can't think of anywhere. Can anyone suggest anything to help me please?

Thanks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 14 July 2006 9.54am
I'm a big supporter of local shops, but when it comes to electrical goods you should really shop around - try www.kelkoo.com. I bought a 32" Sony TV for under 600 (some time ago)...the cheapest 'high street' price was 1300.
Friday 14 July 2006 10.15am
Thanks. Now if anyone wants to answer the question I asked.....:0)

Friday 14 July 2006 10.23am
I'm struggling to think of somewhere independent.

There's a TV/radio shop on London Road between Elephant and St George's Circus but I'm not sure if it sells, rents or repairs?

As for chains:
Richer Sounds at London Bridge (on the walkway from needle to station)
Tesco OKR
Currys behind Tesco OKR.
ADT
Friday 14 July 2006 10.34am
I think that there are a couple of independent places on Whitechapel, not quite SE1, but fairly local.
Friday 14 July 2006 10.50am
Thanks. Any more suggestions, please keep them coming. I go by St G's Circus, so will have a look tonight. Would even be prepared (whisper it) to step outside SE1, but the nearer the better (not least since anything I buy will preferably end up coming home on the back of my scooter).

Friday 14 July 2006 10.52am
how big a TV are you buying?

There's a TV shop on OKR, almost opposite the Dun Cow Surgery, i think it's next to the Laundrette, and i would imagine it's just what you're looking for!
Friday 14 July 2006 10.52am
Lynnes Electrical on the Walworth Road. They repair as well.
Friday 14 July 2006 11.04am
JonR wrote:
how big a TV are you buying?
The sort of size that's considered miniscule these days (i.e. about twice as big as a computer screen)

Friday 14 July 2006 11.28am
my computer screen is 21", so you're looking for 42" - about average i'd say.

you don't want it too small or you won't be able to see the players, and the ball.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions