London SE1 community website

37 degrees gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 33
Wednesday 8 August 2007 7.40pm
btw, does anyone know why there is now only one music channel on the tv's in 37 degrees? what happened to all the others?
Thursday 9 August 2007 9.04am
Apparently they've had a problem with the receiver for the music channels, and are waiting for a replacement.
I also agree with others who say that cleanliness is very good and staff are friendly.
Thursday 6 September 2007 11.29am
Be careful you don't get stung when you try and leave the gym - I signed up for a 12 months contract, but I've heard one of the sales blokes telling people that there is no 12 month contract anymore and they can leave when they want. They never last more than a couple of weeks flogging membership, so you'll have no comeback!!

I finally got round to handing in my one months notice a couple of days ago having been there since it opened - I'm going abroad, but I was fed up with the place as the resistance machine are cheap and nasty like something from the Argos catalogue rather than the ones they have at Cannon's or Soho gym and the TV's don't work on the running machines.

Anyway, I've just been stung by them after staying with then since they opened - I gave then my one months notice on 4th September and got an email from them yesterday night saying that my membership would run until 31st October - The small print on the back of the contact means that they've allowed themselves a unique definition of a calendar month

- It's quite clear - be warned!!

e) If you do not want to continue beyond the initial 12 months you must give no less that one calendar months notice ("one calendar month" means from the first day of the month to the last day of the month) in writing by registered post to the general manager of the club to be received by thirty seven degrees prior to the first of the month. You must pay all membership fees until the date on which the cancellation notice expires; for example: i) if the cancellation notice is received by thirty seven degrees before the 1st day of the month, eg: on 30th April then membership will end on the 31st May; ii) if the cancellation notices received
Monday 1 October 2007 7.13am
It seems that they have a problem with sales people. I know of at least 4 people that have gone along to sign up, but there have been no sales staff on site at 9.30am!!! needless to say, each has gone elsewhere.
Sunday 7 October 2007 9.59am
The problem i can see is that the membership is too expensive for the facilities, despite the great location. Maybe a reduction of 15 or 20 pounds a month would fit the club better.
Sunday 7 October 2007 1.19pm
did an awful spin class there today...had to leave after 35 mins of a one-hour session. the girl doing the class was as motivational as john prescott and the music was dire. its starting to look like my membership may be for not much longer
PKM
Monday 8 October 2007 4.34pm
I agree that the spin classes are not that great. There is, however, a fantastic one on Fridays at 6pm -the first good, professional spin class I've been to at 37 degrees.
Monday 8 October 2007 4.50pm
The new class timetable really is a joke, i have written to them about it but not received a reply which gives the impression they really don't give a damn what their customers think. I do get a sense this place will be out of business within 12 months - everything is about ripping off the customer/slashing costs, not the best way to run a long-term business plan
Monday 8 October 2007 7.43pm
who does the friday spin class? surely not emily. she is the dead boring sunday morning instructor...avoid
PKM
Tuesday 9 October 2007 10.36am
boroughpaul wrote:
who does the friday spin class? surely not emily. she is the dead boring sunday morning instructor...avoid

Don't remember her name but when I asked her which other class she does, she said Wed @ 6, so probably not Emily. Also this girl was great - motivated throughout, her music fitted the speed and resistance for each section (I find its awful if each section isn't properly suited to the music). She even gave instruction - telling people they needed to up the resistance, go faster/slower etc. The others I've experienced don't bother with any of that.
Current: 10 of 33

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions