London SE1 community website

37 degrees gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 33
Monday 24 July 2006 8.43pm
I couldn't agree more with everyone's comments. When 37 Degrees came along i fell for it, thinking it would be a top level gym, trendy and in a cool spot by the river. I used to be a member at Cottons Fitness Exchange and have to say i thought it was great value - yes a little run down but for 45 a month the equipment was fine, a good pool, jacuzzi and steam room and it even had squash courts.
37 degrees doesn't even come close to this in my view and now i'm paying 75 per month!
- No jacuzzi
- No squash courts
- Steam room caught fire and has been shut ever since
- No dryers ever work
- Drinks machines rarely are full
- No toiletries in the changing room other than basic shower gel
- Air-con doesn't work well in the gym
- TVs on every machine but no Sky Sports...without sounding arsey, a large proportion of people coming to the gym are into sport guys...
The people who launched this venture have not invested in gyms before and it totally shows. I am supposedly locked into a 12 month contract but unless there is a rapid improvement i am going to be moving on - they can try and hold me to it but they've hardly lived up to promises! This is meant to be a premium gym guys - this is not a patch on Cannons at Cannon Street and doesn't even match up to Fitness Exchange down the road for half the price.
Unless The Hilton save them with some deal, i'm predicting this venture is not going to last a year...which might then mean Cannons or Holmes Place take it over if we are lucky!
Tuesday 25 July 2006 11.15am
Just had this email from them - they are clearly getting desperate for people to join - think i will be staying at Cannons for the time being.

Commit to Get Fit this Summer with 37

We are offering a limited number of six week memberships at 37, the coolest new health club in town. The club boasts over 100 classes per week, swimming pool, 5000 sq ft gym, boxing ring and indoor golf.

The first 50 people joining on Commit to Get Fit will get a free starter pack:
Bag
T-shirt
Water bottle
Gym Towel

All this for just 89 and no joining fee.

To get your pack please come along to the club to see one of our lovely sales advisers (check our location on www.thirtysevendegrees.co.uk)or give us a call on 020 7940 4937 and mention Commit to Get Fit or mail us on [email protected] and some one will be in touch
Monday 25 September 2006 12.26pm
Went to 37 degrees this weekend - the steam room re-opened during the week - the sauna isn't fixed yet.
Still wet dirty floors, no toiletries and all the lockers seem to be full when the gym is empty - so not much house keeping going on.
The staff are very friendly, even if the resistance machines feel and look like they come from the Agros catalogue.
yas
Monday 25 September 2006 1.03pm
I agree with what peoeple are saying about cleanliness and the sauna (although luckily it has been summer and I haven't really felt the need for the sauna). In terms of toiletries, the women's changing rooms have plenty of choice on shampoos and conditioners. Of all the gyms I have tried in the city or near London Bridge, this is the only one where I don't feel unwelcome or intimidated. The staff, personal trainers and everyone I've spoken to has been incredibly helpful and friendly. To me, that's one of the most important aspects to keeping me motivated.
Wednesday 25 October 2006 11.42am
This place gets even more unbelieveable. This morning there was a leak of raw sewage from the female changing room toilets into the swimming pool, whilst there were people swimming in it. That will be the pool out of action (again) for a while then...
Wednesday 25 October 2006 3.55pm
I sent them 6 emails over a 4 month period seeking information about membership. Not a single reply.

I guess that was a narrow escape.
Thursday 26 October 2006 2.11pm
I just received this email from them:

2 Day Sale

Join thirtysevendegrees on Monday 30th or Tuesday 31st of October and pay No Joining Fee

This offer is strictly limited to the first 20 people and is only available on Monday the 30th - Tuesday 31st of October so call to book your place today

Kind regards

Jonas Larsson

Senior Sales Consultant

ThirtySevenDegrees

020 7940 4937

www.thirtysevendegrees.co.uk

Ps. This special offer also includes a free Personal Training session worth 38
Saturday 28 October 2006 4.53pm
Has no one got anything nice to say about the club, I'm a member there and i am finding it fine. A comparison to fitness xchange was made why there is no contest. The club has is brand new so i expect issues to arise however it has points that no one has mentioned i.e the staff I think they are great. Lets start talking about the good things at the club as this post proves we all spend too much time concentrating on the bad, which is fine if you are like that!!!!
Saturday 28 October 2006 6.15pm
I think the point of this forum is that folks "post as they see".

As an outsider to this thread, I think you are the 1st person to say anything good about the place.

The other folks have expressed their personal opinions, and it seems to me they have nothing good to say about the gaff!
Sunday 29 October 2006 10.14am
As a member, I would say that i am generally happy with the gym. The machines are definitely the best that i have used. I also go to the boxing classes a lot and, due to their small size, find that i get a lot more instructor time than anywhere else I have been. Instructors are generally a very friendly bunch. Haven't noticed some of the 'mechanical' problems detailed above, but then i dont use the steam room/pool. My favourite gym that I have been a member of is Gymbox in Holborn, but I remember even that had an incident where the gym started to get flooded due to a leaking pipe-guess it must be a recurring feature with new unestablished gyms...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 33

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions