London SE1 community website

37 degrees gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 33
Monday 30 October 2006 12.17pm
I'm also a member of thirty seven degrees and I have been very satisfied with the gym and the service. The staff have always been friendly and the gym is always clean. Compared to some of the other gyms in the area, its much better. I used to belong to Topnotch. The main reason I left it was because the men's showers were very dirty, with fungi growing on the walls that was never cleaned off, and the free weights training area was very cramped and badly organised. A few of the members tried to bring these issues to the attention of the manager, but he was very rude and did not want to consider making any changes.
Tuesday 14 November 2006 12.05pm
I found 37 degrees just amazing, amazing in the sence of 1) Promises not kept 2) Staff not very helpful 3) Very over priced 4) They just don't action anything. It's just amazing that somebody opens a Health Club in London, just to piss people off. It's more like a Fitness First concept, with higher membership rates. No service, just promises and loads of people leave every month. I am now back at Topnotch, which had some problems, but seem to have sorted it out and the facilities look fantastic with much more realistic monthly rates. Staff are very friendly and helpful, better than at Cottons, which is now a Fitness First Club. I recommend Topnotch at St Thomas Street for 46 a month on a corporate dd.
Friday 8 December 2006 12.19pm
I went to the gym on Saturday and couldn't see what everyone is talking about on here. My friend also goes and doesn't understand the comments either!? At the end of the day, every new building/gym etc has teething problems. Once they have settled I think they will be fine and be able to resolve problems quicker.
Monday 18 December 2006 12.48pm
dutchinlondon wrote:
I recommend Topnotch at St Thomas Street for 46 a month on a corporate dd.
You would say that, given that you are the manager of said establishment.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 18 December 2006 12.49pm
oh well New Year and New resolutions. Does anyone know what the best fitness deal is in the area. Has prices dropped from 37 degrees yet? Is Fitness First now also a typical bad service fitness first or has it improved? Is Topnotch still the best club to stay at with the best value and service? I don't know but my staff want to know more, would be great to get some help with this.
Monday 18 December 2006 12.56pm
If the manager of Topnotch feels the need to come on here and badmouth his local rivals I think people will draw their own conclusions.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 18 December 2006 12.57pm
37 Degrees may be expensive and has been disappointing and Fitness First may also offer poor service but at least neither reduces themselves to marketing their establishments by spamming a local discussion forum.

POOR SHOW BY TOPNOTCH GYM.

If you want to advertise on this site, I'm sure you can find a more above-board way of doing it.
Jac
Monday 18 December 2006 2.06pm
I joined fitness exchange about 8 months ago. Despite being overweight, unfit and realitively old compared to most gym users, but found the staff and general ambience very welcoming and freindly. Im now a bit less over weight, much fitter and healthier.

I was surprised to see a could of people say it was unfriendly but now knowing dutchinlondon postition it at least explains that one as its certainly not been the case for me. Since joining the fitness first group the only difference I have noticed is the masses of new equipment and a the surprisingly little inconvenience of the building work during its refit (about 1m i believe).

As the first gym I've joined I couldn't be happier and I can even take my kids swimming there on weekend mornings for free which is an added bonus as there is no local public pool.

No connections etc
Monday 18 December 2006 6.22pm
hmmm, if dutchinlondon wants to "advertise" his gym on this site, perhaps he should offer a suitable "corporate discount" to all of us users/readers/lurkers/ who rely on this site for obtaining inpartial, useful information on our local area ??
Tuesday 19 December 2006 6.56pm
James Hatt, Paul Lanham and Garethomorgan. I am very sorry to say that unfortunately you guys are wrong. My name is mr van Houwelingen and although a member of Topnotch I am not a manager. I am Dutch and know the management very well. Very sorry to say, but people assuming and then instigating things is very childish. I like going to the Hems in Soho and would all reader to know that it is a great Dutch Pub. I run a retail shop on Regent Street, don't worry wouldn't mention the name as I maybe accused of advertising my business. I think the discussion has given more people food for thoughts about the gyms in the area, I happen to have chosen for topnotch, but have been to try all of the others. Some of my staff do go to cottons, however non to 37 degrees so far due to price really. Is this a site where frredom of speech applies??????
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 33

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions