London SE1 community website

37 degrees gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 33
Saturday 27 January 2007 9.37am
They don't do joint memberships, which I find strange.
Saturday 27 January 2007 12.31pm
ccparkhill wrote:
They don't do joint memberships, which I find strange.

I went in there yesterday to join up and they said they did do a joint membership - 62.50 each I think.
Saturday 27 January 2007 4.33pm
Checked out 37 degrees today - equipment etc was good, but the changing rooms were a mess (apparently they dont employ attendants - so towels etc everywhere)

Was offered best price of 62.50 to be a member but would have to pay a 20 admin fee (despite them saying there was no joining fee) They dont do joint memberships and how much you pay depends on your postcode !

They have just got a new General Manager but seem to be having problems with staff

The membership consultant Jonas was charming enough but seemed unable (or unwilling) to improve on the membership deals.

Think I will stay with Topnotch for a while longer until 37degrees sorts out their problems .
Sunday 28 January 2007 10.46am
I was told unless it was a corporate membership it was 80, perhaps as it's near the end of the month they have some sales targets to fill.
Sunday 28 January 2007 10.36pm
Well i pay 60 per month. been a member since it opened. I also had to pay the 20 admin fee.

tell them you work in More London to get the best price. no checks were made.
Tuesday 30 January 2007 2.54pm
Pre-opening, I think they were giving the 60 deal to anybody who vaugley qualified.
Tuesday 30 January 2007 3.14pm
They certainly were eager to give away 60 memberships pre-opening. It seemed all you needed to say was that you'd been to SE1 once, or that on a couple of ocassions you walked past the Ernst & Young office and looked inside for them to beg you to join for 60pm.

Mind you, based on the number of mailings I've had since (even though I'm already a member), it would appear that they're still struggling to reach their membership targets.

Although Lawrence Graham, Norton Rose and ultimately Berkeley Homes might solve that problem for them.
Thursday 1 February 2007 10.49am
Woah woah fellow SE1 Londoners!

I can honestly say I've never been to a better gym than 37 degrees.

Ok so there are no squash courts which would be nice.
They did have some fairly major "teething" problems like the steam room catching fire, the turnstiles not working, the TV monitors on the exercise machines flopping all the time(!), the showers flooding...

BUT

They fix things.
And quickly!
Which compared to many other gyms I've been to is amazing!!

They've invested in brand new TV systems so now they hold firm, new turnstalls, they're buying even more excellent proper free standing punchbags, the steam room/sauna etc is now fully functional, the staff are very friendly and go out of there way to help, there are about a billion different classes to go to, and I wouldn't go to another gym if you paid me. Things like the fact that when you go at the busist time of the day, I have never had to wait for a machine I've wanted... that's priceless.

Not to say you don't still get the muppets who strut around flexing their biceps in the mirror and the girls who come in and walk slowly for 10 minutes before leaving.

It's a great gym but please don't join otherwise it'll get busier!!
Friday 9 February 2007 1.33pm
I went there last night - Teh changing rooms were filthy, there were no towels and I tried three machines before I found a TV that was working. New turnstiles might be nice, but I'd just like the place to be cleaned.
Friday 9 February 2007 4.08pm
I joined Topnotch recently. It's OK. Nothing special but I got a relatively good deal. The 12 month tie-in is a minor irritant, I guess. I looked at 37 deg but found their pricing unsuitable. I wasn't aware of any others nearby.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 33

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions