London SE1 community website

37 degrees gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 7 of 33
Friday 9 February 2007 9.38pm
why are people always going on about top notch on here. it's is crap!
Saturday 10 February 2007 12.19am
So which is the best gym in SE1?
Thursday 15 February 2007 11.06pm
Hey guys, i'm looking to get a job in a good gym as a personal trainer or class fitness trainer with an exclusive method, some old school and basic exercises(eastern european style)as i'm originally from Romania with a free style wrestling background! This would work you out and sweat you out, it works the whole body head to toe! I am certified and serious of course and work currently at Radu gym in New York, and want to move and start training in London.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what gym or hotel gym to go to, or even private clients?
Thank you for your help in this !
I really need a direction !
Marian.
Friday 16 February 2007 12.39pm
Hey, i'm a member of Soho gym in Brad Street. Been a member for nearly a year now and i really cant fault it. The equipment always work and it's relevant to my workout. They just opened a spinning studio with a lot of bikes with computers in them, and they are building an extension to the gym.
For 45 a month i am totally sticking around :)
Friday 16 February 2007 12.48pm
Mattse1

I see that you are the Group Fitness Manager at Soho Gyms.

You do yourself no credit with this sort of dishonest posting.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 16 February 2007 1.04pm
Well spotted James. I gather there's going to be new legislation soon that makes it criminally fraudulent to post misleading reviews on the web, I believe this is prompted by appalling self promotions on travel sites.
Jac
Friday 16 February 2007 1.25pm
Its such a shame they feel they need to self promote in such an underhand way. Had Mattse1 declared his position. He could have still told us about the new spinning bikes etc, which would be giving useful information to those looking for a gym. Instead he has just spoilt his reputation.
JQL
Friday 16 February 2007 6.02pm
MattSe1...how is the food at Magdalen?
Monday 18 June 2007 9.47am
uhm.. topnotch, 37, Soho Gyms... to be honest, better the devil you know... so I stick to Fitness First, at least I can use any around the city and that's surely a good thing.

only down thing with the one in London Bridge is that having to go 3 floors down to get changed and back up again is a pain, but it is not bad for 39 a month...

(I am not the manager or staff at that gym! just so you know!)

Cuddles and kisses for all.

jx
Monday 18 June 2007 10.56am
I'm a member of the Soho Gym at Waterloo.

It really does stand head and shoulders above the competition. I've visited most of the others which tend to be pokey & labyrinthine.

Soho Gym is very clean with loads of space, never overly busy (at least at lunchtime when I visit), the latest equipment and very friendly/helpful staff.
Current: 7 of 33

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions