London SE1 community website

Deli on the corner of Wild’s Rents and Long Lane?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Monday 21 August 2006 1.37pm
Yes...black ones from a part of Italy I'd never even heard of!
Monday 21 August 2006 4.12pm
A sign at Ticino bakery says their bread is now retailing at this new deli. Are they related?
Tuesday 22 August 2006 12.03pm
Osamede wrote:
A sign at Ticino bakery says their bread is now retailing at this new deli. Are they related?

I'd assumed it was just to let people know the nearest retailer because they get so many callers asking where they can buy the bread.

???
Thursday 11 January 2007 2.04pm
I go to this reguaraly and never fails to dissapoint. Open on Sunday now I believe. Has everyone else been satisfied? The owner reads this forum and would like to hear your comments! I really hope it flourishes.
Thursday 11 January 2007 2.48pm
I thought it was expensive, although the bread was great. Two suggestions:

(1) They offer a bread delivery service (this would also guarantee an income stream as people would have to commit to a minium number of loaves per week e.g. I would order 2 ciabattas and want them delivered on Friday for the weekend).

(2) They accept credit cards.

Chris
Thursday 11 January 2007 3.20pm
I always pay with my credit card. Yes its not cheap- I often let my stomach get the better of me and end up paying a little too much!
Thursday 11 January 2007 4.15pm
ruudgull wrote:
I go to this reguaraly and never fails to dissapoint. Open on Sunday now I believe. Has everyone else been satisfied? The owner reads this forum and would like to hear your comments! I really hope it flourishes.

Why does it disappoint you ruudgull??
Thursday 11 January 2007 4.24pm
Ah. I meant it never fails to please, or never disappoints. oops...
Jac
Thursday 11 January 2007 5.05pm
I think its a great addtion to the 'hood. Yes its a bit pricy but you have to pay a bit extra for quality and you certainly get that. I buy the ground coffee which is fantastic. Also the cured meats make a fabulous starter or light meal and offer great value for money compared to prepacked meat from the supermarket. The fresh mozerella is lovely too and not comparable to the stuff you buy in supermarkets. Staff are friendly too what more can one want.
Thursday 11 January 2007 5.14pm
and the bread is fantastic!!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions