London SE1 community website

Disappointed at the Royal Oak

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 27 July 2006 6.13pm
to crowded in belushi's....prefer a more refined style of boozing myself...
Thursday 27 July 2006 6.22pm
Red_Bus ! nice to see you back!
can't tell if you were being a bit sarcastic there, trying to get fewer people to go to that terrible pub The Royal Oak... ;-)
Surely the best place to go is the Vinopolis bar.
Thursday 27 July 2006 6.33pm
Why thank you. yes, was being a wee bit *sarky*. I love the Royal Oak too much to see it jampacked. And it is pretty busy already. I sent Jackie a PM to let her know after her post.

Of course Belushi's is a complete hole and I wouldn't go there unless I had a can of petrol and a big box of matches :o)
Thursday 27 July 2006 6.34pm
You keeping well?
Friday 28 July 2006 8.40am
Ah, Red Bus, that's who my PM is from. Alas, I cant get IN to PMs. Have written to James on Feedback about this...anyone else having the problem?
Friday 28 July 2006 9.25am
I got accosted (in a very friendly way) by one of the barmaids from the Oak on the way back home last night.

It caught me by surpsise though, as she hailed me from a fair distance, in the dark, and I was fairly "relaxed" after meeting some of you in te Britannia.

Mrs I thought there was something fishy going on, until I explained otherwise.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 28 July 2006 3.01pm
I think the staff there are lovely.
One of them ran after me to give me my cardi when I left it behind, and we got free drinks at New Year.

Belushis is now posting suited bouncers outside the door, with a red rope barrier sectioning off the pavement outside (to hold the paparazzi back?)
Sunday 30 July 2006 8.30pm
Yes, I have heard Belushis is the new Ivy and the paps are on to it. Apparently, SE1's happening crowd love it.

I am told you could bump into madge and guy, or sit comfortably, debating with the regulars, or maybe just enjoy their wonderful steamed lobster for a fiver.

Much, much better than a washed-up old boozer like the Royal oak.

; 0)
Sunday 30 July 2006 9.40pm
yup, and it is free in for women on ladeeez nite too.

bargain!
Monday 31 July 2006 2.24pm
Red_bus i'm fine thanks. Fairly sure i saw you on your bike on Saturday evening - heading up towards the river, past the Globe theatre - i shouted and waved, but couldn't remember your real name - and shouting "red bus!" in London might have made me look a bit mad - probably about half four ish.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions