London SE1 community website

Roxy Bar & Screen

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 30 July 2006 8.42pm
Sooo, anyone been in yet?

I will refuse to go until it has been reviewed here.
Monday 31 July 2006 6.39am
What is it? Where is it? Who is it?
Monday 31 July 2006 8.45am
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/540/roxy-bar-and-screen

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 31 July 2006 8.52am
I stumbled upon it last night; its basically a bar and screening room in one.

www.roxybarandscreen.com

It has a Ronnie Scott's sort of feel to it at the screening room at the back with dark drapes on the wall. They plan on having VJ nights every Saturday too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VJ_%28Video_performance_artist%29

I think it's a great idea and I hope people make use of it. However, the entrance still looks a little unfinished and the tables/chairs and floor look a little too scruffy to go with the theme in the rest of the bar.

It's an interesting concept and should hopefully Carve out a regular following.
Monday 31 July 2006 9.12am
They had a last minute scramble to be ready for their promised opening and I suspect the scruffy furniture at the front is temporary loan stuff - at least I hope it is because it's not doing them any favours at the moment!
Tuesday 1 August 2006 8.34am
Hands up i do the PR for Roxy so some might say i'm just a bit bias! But it also means i have some more info and insight into it. It's a great idea (combining a screen in a bar) and from someone who also lives in the area i intend to head down quite a bit just to kick back, beer in hand and watch some great movies. Hope you'll all come down and try it.
Tuesday 1 August 2006 8.58am
susannah wrote:
Hands up i do the PR for Roxy so some might say i'm just a bit bias!

Hands back down i hope dey pay u for da pr and not da spellin', grammer, or punctuayshon lol

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 1 August 2006 9.49am
mmmm screeen......mmmmm bar.....mummm karaoke!
Tuesday 1 August 2006 10.22am
Sounds great...I shall patronise should I EVER have MINUTE to breathe.
Thursday 24 August 2006 11.45pm
Well - I have been and it is good: the staff were friendly (this is more important than many bar owners think, keep it up!); drinks were good; decor & furniture comfy/cosy; can't speak to the food, but I saw people eating and not vomiting which for Borough High St. is already well ahead of most of the existing establishments. Great idea. I will deffo be back..

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions