London SE1 community website

Looking for 3 year olds

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 August 2006 8.20am
My grandchildren are arriving for three weeks next week. My three year old grandson is going to be short of a friend, anyone got an SE1 two-and-a-half to three-and-a-half person at home who'd like a chum or could let someone join in. House trained, already two years in Nursery so gregarious, etc. The other one is a one year old girl....
Wednesday 2 August 2006 11.39am
I would offer Fred (3.5yrs) except he's going to be out of London for a couple of weeks due to holidays etc ... and by the time we are back I imagine your grandson will have buddied up!

But if you get a moment, pop along to Charterhouse in Southwark on Tabard St (Long Lane end) - they publish a monthly guide to what's on in the neighbourhood for young children - the bulk are free and will certainly get both your grandchildren into the swing of toddler SE1!

Have a great time ...!
Wednesday 2 August 2006 1.49pm
Julie, does this mean you wont be around on 18th??? I do hope not, Im looking forward to having Freddie.
Thursday 3 August 2006 9.49am
Hi jackie - the August guide has just dropped through my letterbox and I've been sent an extra one - not sure if you can PM your address to me (I know you've been having difficulties), if you can do and I'll post it to you - unless you're going to be at book club next weds?
Thursday 3 August 2006 11.45am
If any one has young children the Jubilee Mall at Canary Wharf, underground level has a delightful array of children's entertainment, clowns,juggling,stilts,candy floss,popcorn,face painting all free of charge. last day tomorrow...11-4pm really really nice , my only gripe was candy floss was adults only!
Friday 11 August 2006 8.30am
Jackie - another good place to go to (though, dare I say not in SE1) is Discover at Stratford - check out www.discover.org.uk - great indoor space for a rainy day - great outdoor space for a sunny day - it's a Fred fave!

The Aquarium at County Hall is expensive but another great fave - as is the Nat Hist Museum (Dinosaurs and Mammals room especially); you should also check out the Horniman Museum - there's also the Livesey Museum down the OKR which is supposed to be great for kids

Have a good few weeks!

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions