London SE1 community website

Freeview - loss of signal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 14 August 2006 9.50am
My arial is on the terrace and it seems to be OK, there was a break for a few minutes after that huge thunder clap, but it recovered.
Monday 14 August 2006 9.57am
Our Sky television is down as well. This seems to be the case in our entire block.
Monday 14 August 2006 10.27am
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

I'm on Swan Street near Borough tube. Still nothing this morning although last night the menu suddenly began to state the programmes on TV - meant we could see exactly what we were missing!

I will call the managing agent this morning and see if anyone else has the same problem in our block.
Monday 14 August 2006 3.56pm
It turns out that the problems I was experiencing were down to the communal aerial's amplifier not working properly. It has now been replaced by an engineer and everything is working properly. The engineer mentioned that a lot of people in the area have been having problems following the storms at the weekend.

Thank you to everyone who responded. New technology is great until it stops working and then I realise how little I actually understand about it!
Monday 14 August 2006 4.24pm
Damn! I was hoping it was a local area problem as likely to be addressed quickly, but if you've been sorted at a building level probably means means the issue is the same at ours.

I'll report back tomorrow when I've had a chance to check (bet you all can't wait!)...
Monday 14 August 2006 6.06pm
I was in the Pommelers yesterday - having a lemonade, of course. During the "big storm" their Sky receiver threw a wobbly. Came back after a while, but it was not happy.

Speaking of not happy, why oh why did the Pommelers install TVs? - it was a haven of peace I was glad to escape too. Anyway, its still no-smoking - which is triff!

And while we are at it, how come 381 pilots don't slow down when there is a blimmin great swimming pool size puddle next to the pavement?
Tuesday 15 August 2006 9.38am
My freeview is still down, if anyone's interested...! Will be onto the building management today.
Tuesday 15 May 2012 9.07pm
Anyone else lost their Freeview signal for the last two hours.( tuespm 7.15ish pm onwards)
I have tried everything, re booting, scanning for channels and good old turnong on and off.
The aerial is attached firmely?
Thursday 28 March 2013 10.15pm
Has anyone else noticed a shocking loss of signal on Bermondsey street in the last few weeks? Like other posters, I've rebooted, re-set the channels, but still signal is showing as very poor.
Thursday 28 March 2013 11.31pm
Off SBR our signal/freeview has become increasingly worst in particular between 7-8pm in other words when Corrie's on.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions