London SE1 community website

Best restaurants in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Wednesday 16 August 2006 2.53pm
I have recommended it before and it is here again (as an extreme budget option!)... the kebab place on The Cut is (one of) the best in London. :o)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
mro
Wednesday 16 August 2006 8.06pm
Glas, next to Borough Market.
A bit unusual (would describe it as scandinavian tapas), but worth a try.
Wednesday 16 August 2006 8.06pm
has anyone tied black and blue at borough market? dont know much about it but it looks good (looks can deceive however!). the swedish place opposite neals yard looks worth a visit too but agsin not been there myself yet to comment
Wednesday 16 August 2006 8.45pm
Glas has closed as of last week following a dispute with the landlords.

Apparently Anna Mosesson is opening a new place in Islington.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 17 August 2006 3.00pm
Had a lovely evening at Tas Ev last night. Food very tasty and well-priced. Drink probably well-priced (I wasn't choosing the wine), but size of bill explained by volume consumed.

...if you press it, they will come.
KC
Thursday 17 August 2006 9.16pm
If you are looking for a restaurant in SE1 for a special occasion and one that will provide you with a great dining "experience" I would thoroughly recommend Champor-Champor on Weston Street.
Asian Fusion food - not huge portions, but wonderful. Not cheap but worth it.
Thursday 24 August 2006 9.33pm
LottieNancyB and I went to the Garrison for the first time tonight and very much enjoyed the good food and excellent service.

Regards,

Loafer
Friday 25 August 2006 3.20pm
I rather like "Georgetown" behind London Bridge Station.

I've eaten there 3 times with other half and enjoyed it. Their Singapore Slings are powerful and they have a loyalty scheme where I get a third off even if I turn up without booking.

I took a party of 10 there for a work type dinner meeting on Wednesday (booked through toptable) and the total bill was 290. We all had 3 courses, a Singapore Sling, 6 bottles of water, wine and assorted other drinks. Everyone enjoyed the food and service was good too.

It doesn't seem to get great reviews. I've lived in many different countries all round the world and have always enjoyed the food - I don't know if they are completely authenitic, but certainly more than edible and portion sizes are good.

I also like the rather colonial decor...
Saturday 26 August 2006 12.29am
- Tentazioni (wonderful Italian food)
- Roast (better than the reviews)
- Champor-Champor (really good, really different)
- Le Pont de la Tour (for "business lunch")

restaurants to avoid along Shad Thames:
Browns, Ask, Zizzi's...
Saturday 26 August 2006 8.23am
actually Zizzi is ok...predictable but good quality. the one to avoid is Cantina! had some woeful experiences there...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions