London SE1 community website

Best restaurants in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Wednesday 11 October 2006 4.32pm
I go regularly to Jack's, EV, Thai Silk, etc. It's true they are busiest in the week (especially during the summer), however I think they are increasingly becoming lively at weekends. I did go one Saturday night to Jacks which was dead and there were more staff than customers, however there's usually enough people to create a buzz.

I would risk it, and if it is quiet then there are plenty of other places in walking distance. The White Hart in particular is busy even on Saturdays.
Friday 13 October 2006 7.47am
Great, thanks for all of your responses. I am going to book my table today!
Thursday 16 November 2006 3.27pm
Masters Super Fish yes is only a chippy but its a bloody good one at that. If you wanted a good healthy and feeling meal their fish and chips will do the trick. I know the place doesn't have a wow factor to it, but there is another restaurant near where I live that the owner owns. It's called Silks in Worcester Park, We love it, I take my girlfriend there for special ocassions.

I recommend checking Silks out for the Wow factor, with the food and restaurant design.
Friday 17 November 2006 9.44am
Masters is excellent, imho.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 9 July 2015 9.01am
Another recommendation for Masters. We had dinner there last night (not for the first time) and it is as good as ever. Only fish and chip shop I know where your fish is freshly battered to order instead of sitting for hours under lights. Fish is fresh daily too.
Thursday 9 July 2015 1.49pm
I vote for The Union Street Cafe near Southwark tube station.
It's not cheap, but I if it's a special occasion it's the perfect place.

Can't really understand people recommending The "so not" Real Greek and Anchor & Hope (overpriced pub food in a very noisy environment in my opinion).

Masters Super Fish is brilliant, but not for a special occasion. If we go down to that level then my vote goes for pizza at The Libertine in Great Suffolk St: unbeatable!
Thursday 9 July 2015 1.57pm
MarcoC wrote:
I vote for The Union Street Cafe near Southwark tube station.
It's not cheap, but I if it's a special occasion it's the perfect place.

Can't really understand people recommending The "so not" Real Greek and Anchor & Hope (overpriced pub food in a very noisy environment in my opinion).

Masters Super Fish is brilliant, but not for a special occasion. If we go down to that level then my vote goes for pizza at The Libertine in Great Suffolk St: unbeatable!

The "Real Greek" is awful!
Thursday 9 July 2015 4.09pm
I have never even seen the Real Greek - where is that?

Can't believe no one has mentioned The Laughing Gravy on Blackfriars Road. A bit pricey, for special occasions only, but some of the best food I have had in London!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions