London SE1 community website

Le Pain Quotidien

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 21 August 2006 3.33pm
you have made my day! havent been to the LPQ in Marylebone but it was my favourite chow-ground in Paris when I lived there for a couple of years - brunches that go on for hours and hours....can't wait to try our very own SE1 version! thanks for the tip!
Monday 21 August 2006 4.34pm
"Next to the Festival Hall" is a bit vague. Where is it exactly?
Monday 21 August 2006 4.36pm
On the walkway between Hungerford (Golden Jubilee) Bridge and Belvedere Road, between the Festival Hall and the railway viaduct (well, partly under the railway arches in fact).

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/541/le-pain-quotidien

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 22 August 2006 6.35am
I'll look at the map, thanks!
Saturday 26 August 2006 3.38pm
Went to LPQ this morning as a result of this thread. Mr SarahMc had sugar waffle with berries and 2 cappucinos. He is v picky about his coffee and pronounced these excellent. I had sliced baguette with aged gruyere cheese and a large latte. Also excellent. The service was VERY attentive. We waited about 5 mins when we arrived and sat down, which is nothing, but our waiter, Michael, still apologised. He was very good with everyone on our section outside and I heard other customers say how much they enjoyed their food.
Having said this, it is still a place to go to either for a bit of a treat as it was delish, or if you are minted. It was over 16 for our snack.
Whilst we were there, our flatmate Nick was in Elephant Wetherspoons having a lager top and a full fry up for 4. He enjoyed it very much.
You pays your money, you takes your choices.....
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions