London SE1 community website

"Homo Homemakers" church fete!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Tuesday 5 September 2006 1.52pm
I had no idea I was opening a syntactical can of worms.

Never mind: I hope enough people have been intrigued by the idea to get down to St John's Waterloo and join in. Among other things, we're doing it as a fundraiser for the Food Chain charity, which provides food and nutritional advice to people with HIV-related illness.

We've got loads of fantastic stalls, and more coming in every day, so prepare to be deluged with jams, cakes, needlework, DIY drag, flower arranging and a very strange looking giant marrow.

Oh, and there might be some celebrities there too.

www.homoculture.org
[email protected]
Tuesday 5 September 2006 2.16pm
After being told off for asking about non-sexual nurturing, I won't even ask about "DIY drag".

But I will remain DIY-curious...

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 7 September 2006 10.05am
Sounds great Rupert, I hope I can get down there..and hope Ivanhoe is suit..ably impressed by DIY drag, me I love the sound of homemade jams..or cider!
Thursday 7 September 2006 9.06pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
After being told off for asking about non-sexual nurturing, I won't even ask about "DIY drag".

I think I am more intrigued by D. I. Other Drag... :o)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Friday 22 September 2006 11.00pm
Just bumping this so I remember when it is.
Saturday 23 September 2006 6.48am
I am gutted that I will be out of the country for this event, since CAKE runs a very close second to CHIPS - in fact there are days when it surpasses them - in my book. And I think the whole gig sounds a terrific idea. Saw a piece about the Food Chain on TV yesterday - they got Lottery money for being such a good organisation. Have a great day.
Saturday 23 September 2006 3.59pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
I am gutted that I will be out of the country for this event, since CAKE runs a very close second to CHIPS - in fact there are days when it surpasses them

Indeed - two of my essential food groups. As well as (i) Cake and (ii) Chips, there is also (iii) Piping hot mug of tea, (iv) Fried egg sandwich and a few others...

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Saturday 23 September 2006 9.00pm
There will be some muffins available on my Tupperware stall. I am baking them first thing Saturday morning.

And don't tell anyone, but Sir Ian McKellen is opening the proceedings.
Sunday 24 September 2006 6.11pm
why cant we tell someone (about Ian McK)?
Sunday 24 September 2006 8.50pm
That was just a camp flourish to add a bit of SE1 insider gossip. It is official that he is coming, so you can tell whoever you like. In fact please do.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions