London SE1 community website

"Homo Homemakers" church fete!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 29 September 2006 10.28am
Hope to see some of you at the fayre at St John's Waterloo tomorrow. Do stop by at the Tupperware stall to say hello and try one of my parmesan and rosemary muffins.

If you can't make it, FYI I will also be running a stall at the Notre Dame Girls School autumn fayre next Saturday, 7 October.
Saturday 30 September 2006 12.07am
I can't make this now. I'm so sad - I really wanted to see Sir Ian McKellen's big opening.

:(
Saturday 30 September 2006 12.15am
chortle...
Saturday 30 September 2006 8.02am
Girls are so camp these days
Saturday 30 September 2006 5.54pm
Pay no attention to these guys, Jo, they are just FEEELTHY minded!
Sunday 1 October 2006 6.02pm
was at the Fayre yesterday flogging a few glittering mirrors and masses of melaware, new and old. Great event, fabulous orchestra, excellent cakes and Sir Ian actually spoke to me - I am now completely starstruck.
Sunday 1 October 2006 7.19pm
It was lots of fun. I arranged a few Tupperware parties and it was lovely to meet those SE1.co.uk folk who introduced themslves, both names and lurkers. I was slightly horrified to be placed next to Gerhard from Konditor and Cook, imagining my muffins would be pitiful in comparison with his, but actually I think they held up pretty well.
gii
Monday 2 October 2006 2.01pm
A big thank you to all that organised this - lovely event - great band - abba, bond covers - friendly faces - nice tea and cakes. Bought a plant , volunteered for food chain and got info about civil parterships - you know gay weddings.
Fun hour locally.
Monday 2 October 2006 3.22pm
A big thanks to all those who took part and made yesterday's Fayre such a swinging success. About 600 people came through the doors, Sir Ian McKellen opened the proceedings and we more than broke even. We hope to make it an annual event. If you enjoyed it and would like to take part in more House of Homosexual Culture events, keep an eye on www.homoculture.org and join the mailing list.
Monday 2 October 2006 8.14pm
the fayre was lovely - so many fairy cakes! Andrew your muffins were delicious - I think that if your tupperware sales don't work out Konditor and Cook should offer you a job!!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions