London SE1 community website

"Homo Homemakers" church fete!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Wednesday 4 October 2006 7.32am
That's good to know, thanks. There will be more muffins on my stall at the Notre Dame School autumn fayre this Saturday afternoon. I am assuming that the Sister Wendy people will not be in attendance at this one. And neither will I be selling my handsome priest calendars this time!
Saturday 17 November 2007 9.16am
I will be running my Tupperware stall again next Saturday at this year's Fayre at St John's Waterloo. Here are the details from the organisers:

After the huge success of 2006's Autumn Fayre -- 600 people in a church in Waterloo with fairy cakes, flower arrangements, chutney, cushions and Sir Ian McKellen -- we're doing it all over again for 2007. It's on Saturday 24 November at the same venue, St John's Waterloo.

This year we're having a Christmas theme, partly as a way of getting more press coverage, but also as an opportunity to explore what Christmas means to us. Making cakes and decorations with Mummy? Feeling excluded from the family fun? Envying the fairy on top of the tree?

Food, flowers, soft furnishings, toys, craft, books, bric-a-brac... You name it.

Also, the House itself will have a stall from which we'll be selling our own produce, and we'd love you to contribute to that. Why not whip up a batch of chutney for us? Or knit some fabulous oven gloves? Or macrame a sling? Whatever, as long as it's fun and sellable, we'll have it.

There is a rolling programme of entertainment throughout the day, including the Gay Gordons scottish dance group, Lorraine Bowen, The London Gay Symphonic Wind and Everett Quinton doing his legendary two-minute version of A Christmas Carol. So it's going to be a busy, buzzy afternoon.

It was great fun last year and we raised a good bit of money for charity. It would be great to get a big SE1 presence.

More about last year's event at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dansette/sets/72157594310861985/
and
http://pushingplastic.blogspot.com/2006/10/well-have-gay-old-time.html
Saturday 17 November 2007 9.42am
I shall definitely come. Last year I sold masses of melamine. Left it too late to get a stall this year - pity cos I have a quantity of deliberately mismatched chintz china - this craze followed the melamine craze chez moi.

It was a great fair last year - got to meet the fab Sir Ian, and was a bit tongue-tied which does not happen to me often. Am really looking forward to the new Christmas theme idea which should be fantastic.
Saturday 17 November 2007 11.06am
Just to confirm, the Fayre opens at 12 noon and runs till 4. And if you are looking for Christmas gifts, s well as Tupperware, I will be selling the 2008 edition of the Calendario Romano handsome priests calendar!

http://www.calendarioromano.co.uk
Saturday 17 November 2007 11.32am
A few lookers in there! May well purchase more than one of these. My friends could do with looking at some handsome priests!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions