London SE1 community website

Shard of Glass Breaking Ground Soon

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 68 of 74
Thursday 15 March 2012 10.05pm
Mr Adams, so much bullshit. You just found a reason to re-post some of your pics. 'The ego has landed', again.
Thursday 15 March 2012 10.14pm
spartacus wrote:
Mr Adams, so much bullshit. You just found a reason to re-post some of your pics. 'The ego has landed', again.
Glad you like them, brave, anonymous fellow.
Thursday 15 March 2012 10.18pm
exigo wrote:

Shard looked rather lovely in the morning fog today. By the time I'd reached Snowsfields there was a coterie of snappers enjoying the view.

It's like a sign from the heavens that we should slavishly worship at the altar of the shard. Then again, reading the previous posts on this thread, it appears that some of us already do!
Thursday 15 March 2012 11.04pm
Spartacus, that was uncalled for.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 16 March 2012 10.07am
Calm down dears, calm down...
Friday 16 March 2012 10.16am
remarkable picture - presume that triangular shape top left is one of its cranes
Sunday 18 March 2012 9.55pm
Hello everybody. Can anybody tell us what kind of retail/shops are going to be provided in
The Shard, in the public plaza and the new station?

I cannot see how the Shangri-la can open a point with Starbucks and mcdonalds as a shopping option.. I understand location location location but come on...

Thank you.
Sunday 18 March 2012 11.46pm
Shangri-La Hotel At The Shard bumph wrote:
Food and beverage outlets will include a specialty restaurant, lobby lounge and bar, and "food theatre" café with a choice of multiple cooking stations, combining international cuisine with a dash of drama.

I had assumed the Shangri-La's catering offer would be at 34th floor level - a more extreme version of the various hotels around Times Square which have bars/lobbies well above street level with the tacky tourist shops/burger joints occupying the lower floors.
Sunday 18 March 2012 11.52pm
Food apart, nothing different? I mean shopping wise.. In the while London bridge quarter..
Monday 19 March 2012 12.48pm
My understanding is that the Shangri-La entrance will bt from St Thomas Street and effectively remote from any retail on the station side. Likewise, I expect significant high end restaurants (most likely international clones by mega chefs) high up the building, either associated with the hotel or separate.

Lag Rabbie: I think you need to look 15 or so blocks north to the Time Warner center and the Mandarin Oriental hotel there for a successful blueprint.
Current: 68 of 74

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions