London SE1 community website

Tower bridge closure

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Jayne
Tuesday 8 January 2002 10.59am
Yup! took the ferry yesterday am/pm and am today and its great fun!!! quick and efficient too but mainly good fun. Great night-time views of Tower bridge aswell.
Tuesday 8 January 2002 6.33pm
Don't tell me something is actually going according to plan!

I live and learn.....
Tuesday 8 January 2002 9.55pm
Can anyone confirm the rumour I've heard that the ferry tickets double as 1 coupons for the Pont de la Tour food shop?

James
Saturday 26 January 2002 12.26pm
Can anyone tell me why it's closed in the first place? I've been here nearly 10 years and it's the first time it's been closed for such a long time.

One good thing about it being closed is that it a great photo opportunity, especially at night from London Bridge, when the bridge is half raised! Not often you get to capture it.
Saturday 26 January 2002 12.29pm
See <a href="/news/view/99">www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/99</a>

James
Monday 4 February 2002 5.46pm
I've been hearing rumours that work is behind schedule and is likely to continue for 2 to 6 weeks after planned finish date.

anyone know if there's any truth here?

Scott.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions