London SE1 community website

Tower Block Horror to go ahead

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 17 of 44
Saturday 4 November 2006 5.36pm
This week's 'Estates Gazette' carries a full page ad for St. Olave's, being marketed as a 'boutique hotel opportunity' on behalf of Berkeley Homes. The ad carries their logo although it is being sold by an agent and 'no direct approach should be made to the vendors.'

The ad also says it is "Forming part of a spectacular 374 unit residential scheme."
Saturday 4 November 2006 5.57pm
The building has been advertised online for quite a while now - they seem to be stepping it up now that the plans are becoming clearer. Wont BH (or whoever) need to apply for a change of use for the building and wont the educational covenent put the council in a strong bargaining position?
Monday 6 November 2006 3.35pm
The Estates Gazette ad can be seen here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/images/061106_stolaves.jpg

PDF also on the Christie website:
http://www.christie.com/christie/downloads/download.asp?iDownload=290

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 6 November 2006 5.47pm
Of course we know it will look like this.
http://pottersfields.members.beeb.net/page5.html
They have a cheek advertising the whole development like that. When that's not what it will be like ,and they don't even own the land.

Those adverts are no more than expensive Berkeley Homes propaganda

I think there should be a demonstration soon. Some one should just pick a time and day ,and every one else can just turn up.
Friday 10 November 2006 1.04pm
By way of update: Berkeley have now submitted their detailed proposals for complying with the conditions laid down in the ODP planning permission, to Southwark Planning.

Expect groundworks to commence soon people....
Friday 10 November 2006 6.43pm
If there is to be demonstration it should be before any work starts.
If indeed it is about to start.

Also I can't see any mention of the UNESCO visit in the Southwark news,

The out come of that visitete must be being kept under wraps.
Saturday 11 November 2006 8.22pm
It looks like a whole film crew is parked out there right now though
Saturday 11 November 2006 8.50pm
They must be shooting Tower Block Hoorror the Motion Picture.
Tuesday 14 November 2006 1.43am
I just saw a large digger on the Berkeley Homes part of the site yesterday around lunchtime (13.11.06 @ 12:00). It appeared to be "in action".

Off Topic:
Tattie said: "It looks like a whole film crew is parked out there right now though".

That film crew could be for a Five show called "Make Me A Supermodel", which is being filmed at the old college.

There was also a film crew in Gainsford Street, Horseleydown Lane, Lafone Street and a couple of other places (Mon. 13th). This one is filming for a new comedy film written and starring some chap who did "Shaun of the Dead" and some series called "Spaced".
yas
Wednesday 15 November 2006 9.26pm
Peregrine wrote:
I just saw a large digger on the Berkeley Homes part of the site yesterday around lunchtime (13.11.06 @ 12:00). It appeared to be "in action".

I can't believe this! Are they really going ahead with the plans? Surely this is not possible.
Current: 17 of 44

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions