London SE1 community website

240 Blackfriars Road (opposite Christ Church)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Zoe
Saturday 15 August 2009 8.55pm
Don't road signs belong to the council, isn't taking one theft by finding, or whatever those people who cashed that lottery ticket were found guilty of.
Monday 20 September 2010 1.48pm
Looks like this site has come back to life - piling equipment has arrived.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 20 September 2010 2.50pm
Only temporarily back to life. Site being cleaned up, greenery cut down and a test pile being sunk. They'll be there for around a week. As it's now over two years since GPE pulled out from the site, I wondered if this present activity might have something to so with the timescale which applies to planning approval. I seem to remember there's a limit of two years, during which time significant progress has to have been made towards completion of the project. Although as it's over two years now, I'm probably talking nonsense - no doubt someone can / will correct me if I'm wrong about this!
Zoe
Monday 20 September 2010 7.41pm
I don't think it has to be significant progress towards completion, just some activity on site or something like that, it's how companies seem to keep their planning alive for much longer than 2 years.
Tuesday 21 September 2010 10.02am
Thanks Zoe - seems like my original instinct was probably right then: just a bit of activity to keep the planning approval in place. Must say it looks much better for all the rubbish being cleared up, although I rather miss the buddleia bushes!
Wednesday 10 November 2010 1.02pm
From GPE's half-year results published this morning

"At 240 Blackfriars Road, SE1 we have implemented the planning consent on our 235,000 sq. ft. development scheme by commencing preliminary ground works on the site. We are continuing with detailed design work to prepare the site for commencement in 2011."

Wednesday 2 March 2011 12.40pm
Latest: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5136

Wednesday 2 March 2011 2.12pm
That's interesting James. GPE representatives came to Quadrant House for a meeting around six weeks ago to discuss the development and we understood that planning consent for the amended plans had been granted. Piling work was due to recommence on the site in March, but GPE did say that it was still not certain that the full development would go ahead.
Wednesday 16 March 2011 12.03pm
Great Portland Estates have now come up with an extra 200,000 in advance of next week's planning committee meeting

Thursday 24 March 2011 10.06am
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5173

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions