London SE1 community website

Tesco Old Kent Road - Re-development

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 14
Friday 11 May 2007 6.10pm
Great stuff.

Have you written to Southwark Council? It's not the sort of thing I would usually take the time to do, but I think this is such a good opportunity to add desparately needed housing stock to the area and kick-start improvements to the OKR that I had to write!

Chris
Saturday 12 May 2007 6.44pm
The butcher is Muscat butchers - on the south side of Peckham Park Road, about a dozen doors from the OKR, on the south side. Great butchers - their steak tends to have hung for six weeks or so.
Tuesday 26 June 2007 7.40pm
Should see further news on this next week.....
Wednesday 27 June 2007 7.51pm
Thanks for the update. I'm sure James will have full coverage of this!
Friday 29 June 2007 6.03pm
Details just in of exhibition of the revised plans next Friday and Saturday:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/2662

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 29 June 2007 6.26pm
Thanks James.

INDOMIE - be interested to see what you think of the new plans if you make it down there.
Thursday 5 July 2007 1.37pm
Judging by the latest info the number of flats has been 'revised' from 320 to 488...will definitely be taking a look this weekend!
Thursday 5 July 2007 6.26pm
Also interesting is the fact that they claim 50% of the flats will be affordable...
Friday 6 July 2007 10.32am
carmenes82

I suspect thats probably why Tesco have increased the number of units by over 50% from the original plans!

I really hope that they haven't spent the last eight months trying to cram as many new flats on this development as possible as they will erode much of the local goodwill towards this scheme and risk giving further ammunition to the anti Tesco bandwagon!

Judging by the picture on display outside on OKR today the design seems better but will find out more this evening.....
Friday 6 July 2007 12.12pm
I think (but could be wrong) that 50% is the recommended proportion of affordable housing in new, dense developments in inner London

Tomorrow I'm viewing Oyster Court in Crampton Street (the shared ownership/affordable part of O Central) where the proportion is 24%.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions