London SE1 community website

Tesco Old Kent Road - Re-development

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 14
Wednesday 5 September 2007 7.36am
I have emailed James Wiggam for an update on when the planning app will be submitted but no response.....i guess the revised design has raised new issues during the recent public exhibition.....
Monday 17 September 2007 6.11pm
Thanks for posting this. Did James Wiggam ever get back to you with regards to the planning application?
Tuesday 18 September 2007 8.35am
Nope!.......the website looks good though, but again no mention on there about when a planning app will be put in...
Friday 28 September 2007 9.20am
There were a number of workmen drilling holes into the ground in the South West corner of the car park yesterday. Perhaps some intial soil tests before the planning application goes in?
Friday 12 October 2007 11.32am
I have emailed James Wiggam today to get an update on the planning application. The drilling I mentioned in my previous post has now expanded to other parts of the site so it looks like things may be progressing.

Chris
Friday 12 October 2007 11.42am
We can expect a planning application by the end of the year. Actual date tba. Tesco will announce the news in the local press and at the store, etc.
Friday 7 December 2007 10.06am
According to James Wiggam, the planning application is now more likely to be put it at the beginning of next year.
Friday 7 December 2007 10.28am
Although it's not quite as large as the proposed redevelopment of the Old Kent Road site, the similar Tesco development on the corner of West Cromwell Road, W8 has proved to be hugely successful scheme in partnership with the Notting Hill Housing Trust, showing that such schemes can and do work for the local area.

There is no doubting that Tesco is an extremely shrewd property developer. Here's a link to the architects website for the Cromwell Road scheme http://www.biscoestanton.co.uk/BROCHURE.PDF, which shows the development in limited detail.

The Boss,
SE1 Relocation Ltd
E: oliver@se1relocation.com
W: http://www.se1relocation.com
Saturday 8 December 2007 1.42pm
That development looked remarkably similar to Tesco's first attempt on the OKR....just glad that they took on board feedback and changed the design!
Current: 8 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions