London SE1 community website

Best Pizza in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 31 October 2006 5.44pm
Unfortunately BRB is in Camberwell and there isn't one in SE1. There is also one in Chinatown. Well worth the visit though for a cheap night on a Tues and BRB's in general are always good. I might start campaigning BRB management to open one up in SE1.
Tuesday 31 October 2006 6.42pm
there's one on Kennington Lane(?)/Road(?)just near the park behind the imperial war museum. It's on the corner on the right hand side, just after the park as you head away from waterloo and towards kennington tube. if it's not actually SE1 it's only a very very short stone's throw away.

but anyhow, you're missing Village Pizza, the OKR's answer to gourmet delivery conoisseurs anywhere.
Wednesday 1 November 2006 10.55am
That's good to know that there's a BRB closer to home.
Village pizza - I will gove that a try as it is only down the road from where I live and has been recommended twice. Thanks.
Wednesday 1 November 2006 11.43am
Another vote for Gourmet Pizza in Gabriel's Wharf. English breakfast pizza - mmm.
Wednesday 1 November 2006 12.55pm
Another vote for Cucina for me.

They deliver the best pizzas I've ever had, they beat any restaurant hands down!
Wednesday 1 November 2006 1.11pm
I know that tastes vary, but I don't understand the attraction of 'Gourmet Pizza' - soggy bases, insipid sauces, undercooked pizzas, nasty wine all topped off with tediously slow service. Yes, they do do a few unusual pizzas, but everything else is wrong. If they weren't placed smack bang in touristo central they would have gone bust years ago.

[ edited to add that in the interest of being positive, my votes go to La Strada & Cucina ]

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Thursday 2 November 2006 12.20am
The Hutch wrote:
Village pizza - I will gove that a try as it is only down the road from where I live and has been recommended twice.
A word to the uninitiated - not only do you need to choose a base and a topping (of which they have many and various) but there's also an option to choose the base sauce too. my fave is the mediterannean roast veg on a pesto base. but with a hundred or more possible combinations I'm sure you'll find one to your liking.
Thursday 2 November 2006 9.51am
And Village Pizza even delivered to the book club the other night - at a pub!
Monday 7 January 2008 7.47pm
May I recommend www.just-eat.co.uk to find all of them. And if it's not there please suggest it to us so we can get all your favourite places on there!

Cheers
Rune
Tuesday 8 January 2008 2.43am
Are we talking eat in/collect or delivery? For delivery i would recommend Tower Pizza, their deep pan double pepperoni stuffed crust is gorgeous.

To eat out or pick up, La Luna on Walworth Rd is fab. Stone baked pizza, fresh in front of you. Can't think what it's called at this hour in the morning but - anchovies, capers and olives (cappriciata?) is to die for!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions