Fred wrote:Yet the votes taken at the recent Friends of Archbishops Park AGM would suggest that many and probably most people in SE1 support the development. The arguments in favour are persuasive:
* much of the land is currently derelict,
* the architecture is impressive & appropriate for the setting,
* the 636 homes (231 for key workers) are necessary,
* there will be accommodation for the families of sick children,
* many environmental improvements will result.
The Lady Miss Jo Jo wrote:I'd like to know, in particular, what is Fred's interest in/ affiliation to the organisations associated with this whole issue.
Fred wrote:So why did the Planning Committee turn it down and why is Lambeth likely to oppose the appeal?
westofbank wrote:Who is benefiting from the housing scheme?
westofbank wrote:The present tenants are ... being treated in a shoddy fashion.
westofbank wrote:The present tenants are opposed to the scheme.
Neil wrote:the proposed development would "harm the setting of [Archbishops] Park".
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up