London SE1 community website

This Life

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Wednesday 8 November 2006 12.15am
Lang Rabbie wrote:
Even more bizarrely one of the early episodes had a positioning shot that suggested the house is actually near Farringdon.

Well, Benjamin Street (the street they live in on the programme) is just round the corner from Farringdon. And there are no nice Georgian Terraces on that street anymore.

Do they all get off at Chancery Lane, or was it only Anna yesterday? If the latter, maybe it's coz she only moved into Benjamin Street (AKA Anchor Terrace) at the end of the first episode.

But I suspect it's just poetic licence, as others have suggested.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 10.37am

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 8 November 2006 12.40pm
Oh wow!!!

Look at the building in between Egg and Milly on the last pic. THAT is the old office building that was squatted on the top floors. They held some great parties, and the very top floor ran an illegal late night club (mostly playing jazz), only accessible from their jerry-rigged lift.

Did anyone else here go? If I had known then that things would change so much here, I would have been there every night!

Thanks James. An unexpected reminder of when this area - and its inhabitants - were quite different. :o)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Thursday 9 November 2006 8.52pm
One scene was Millie & Anna walking along Copperfield Street, another scene was Egg's brother doing yoga in the All Hallows Church Garden, Copperfield Street.
Wednesday 15 November 2006 12.05am
I'm loving the This Life repeats. They're making me very glad I'm not 26 anymore.
Wednesday 15 November 2006 12.06am
Ooh, and that was Tim from The Office!
Anonymous User
Wednesday 15 November 2006 9.33am
It's making me everso tired inthe mornings though
Wednesday 15 November 2006 10.55pm
When are they on? I didn't know ;-(
Anonymous User
Wednesday 15 November 2006 10.59pm
11.20 mon to thurs on bbc2 - two episodes a night
PJ
Friday 17 November 2006 8.21pm
I wonder if any of the characters in This Life will still be living in Southwark in the new feature length episode to be screened at Christmas.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions