London SE1 community website

This Life

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Tuesday 28 November 2006 11.46pm
Brilliant line tonight: Bruschetta? That'll go down well in Southwark.

Egg was ahead of his time.
Wednesday 29 November 2006 10.45am
Anyone see Millie in Holby City last night - oh dear!
Wednesday 29 November 2006 10.07pm
red bus - I remember going to a party in that squatted office block. They really went wild with the decor, it was a sci fi theme as I recall. Never seen anything quite like it...
Thursday 30 November 2006 12.14pm
Yes, if I recall (all a bit hazy now) when you got out of the lift you couldn't see how to get in as everything was painted over. I remember they sold all their stuff the day after their last party - a friend bought an old 50s lamp and I still have a strange piece of wood I will turn into a table one day...

I don't have a problem with it all being luxury flats now - although it would have been nice to keep the top floor for something publicly accessible. But even then it wouldn't be the same :o)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Tuesday 2 January 2007 3.14pm
The reunion special is tonight, 9pm on BBC2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/?id=this_life

:-)
Tuesday 2 January 2007 10.29pm
Saw it just now on BBC2.

There were some interesting parts... but in general I found it melodramatic, and rather weird. For starters, the whole thing should have been set in London, rather than a big mansion in the middle of nowhere. The party at the end was a massive anti-climax. The ending was just bizarre. The camera girl following them around was annoying too. Also, Miles' haircut was terrible!

Not a patch on the original series, I have to say.
Tuesday 2 January 2007 11.34pm
What a disaster! All an attempted rehash of The Big Chill and not a patch on it. Such a shame!!!
Tuesday 2 January 2007 11.45pm
Very disappointing - seemed very watered down from the original and definitely should have been set in London. Some things are best left, it seems.
Friday 5 January 2007 5.35pm
Red Bus, do you mean the Cafe Club,you had to go behind some industrial bins and it had key pad entry and a fantastic view of St.Paul's.I used to go there in the mid nineties. It was a proper shebeen and great for post Woolpack lock-ins!I had not thought about it for ages thanks for the memory jog.
Saturday 6 January 2007 4.49pm
coogie that is exactly the place. Thanks, I couldn't remember what it was called. It was great - wish we still had it now :o)

As a side note, last night I was drinking virtually next door to it (Union Works) and blabbing on about it, when someone else pipes up - with "I remember that place, it was fantastic!!" I wonder how many of the regulars there still live locally, or are now on this board...

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions