London SE1 community website

Artesian building on Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 3 of 10
Tuesday 12 December 2006 4.34pm
Have you seen the price of the flats that have only recently been released on the top couple of floors? They're much more expensive (nearly 100K more!) than the one we bought and they actually have slightly less space! I hope ours has increased in value that much since we bought it!

I think its a safe investment Sweeites.
Tuesday 12 December 2006 5.04pm
I don't own a flat in the building, but I agree that, if the market continues to perform well, then you have got an excellent investment.

I think the reputation of Bermondsey (as being a dodgy, unsavoury backwater (not my words, but the words of some friends of mine who live in Clapham)) is fading away very quickly and it is a fantastic place to live and work. This summer, I went for a stroll in Southwark Park, had lunch at the Bermondsey Kitchen and then went for a jog in the Spa Park...and wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else...

Enjoy your new pads!

Chris
Wednesday 13 December 2006 10.56am
i think bermondsey st to the west and shad thames to the north(ish) makes this development a "spill over" for those who, perhaps like me, initially looked for something a little closer to london bridge/borough but couldn't afford the ridiculous prices..

hopefully this will mean that the area around bermondsey spa will become a lot "friendlier" in terms of pubs, restaurants and general convenience amenities..

out of curiosity - what is that place "the fort" ?? have never seen it open but looks like some rundown "men's pub" or something??
Wednesday 13 December 2006 11.38am
I have to say that I find Bermondsey a very friendly place already (chatting to strangers in the Spa Park during the summer was quite normal, unlike in some other parts of London), but I agree that the increase in amenities such as restaurants will be welcome.

The Fort is a 'cruise bar and dark room' - there have been previous threads on this so do a search for it!

Chris
Wednesday 13 December 2006 11.38am
It is a gentlemans club...strictly for the boys...very discrete though...
Wednesday 13 December 2006 12.54pm
I'm sure The Fort makes the area very friendly indeed.

We'll have to hold a moving-in party there in the new year. Get to know other gentlemen of the area.
Wednesday 13 December 2006 1.36pm
It's always a pleasure to meet a gentleman....specially if they buy me a pint!
Wednesday 13 December 2006 1.55pm
Isnt that what Mark Almond said...
Wednesday 13 December 2006 3.22pm
I have a flat in the development. They have already re-sold two of the flats, to secondary buyers, and they went for about 30k more than the price paid by the original vendors!
Friday 15 December 2006 12.01pm
called savills to confirm completion date and have now been told end of feb!! how frustrating!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 3 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions