London SE1 community website

Artesian building on Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 4 of 10
Friday 15 December 2006 12.06pm
I walk past the building everyday on the way to work and it looks pretty much complete on the outside. Did Savills say what the hold-up was?

Chris
Friday 15 December 2006 12.44pm
apparently the building was supposed to be handed over (whatever that means) this week, and people were to move in by the middle of january.. however, the handover did not happen (no real explanation, just that it has been delayed).. they expect handover to take place in a couple of weeks, therefore delaying moving in date by the same amount, however the agent wasn't too confident that this would happen either, so she had told me end of feb - "to be on the safe side"!!

fernando is now on hols so i spoke to a lady called sarah instead..
Monday 18 December 2006 1.22pm
Is there any information on what's going to be on the ground floor ? I know that the Grange Rd surgery is moving into there but it looks like there are some shop fronts - are there going to be shops / restaurants does anyone know ?
Monday 18 December 2006 1.35pm
Handover is generally Practical Completion (PC) when the architect signs off the building as being complete, other than minor issues.

As we all know, builders are often late, and this is one reason why, when signing a building contract, you should put in penalty clauses for late delivery to encourage them to stick to their promises. Nevertheless, changes made to the design or spec during construction ususally allow builders to get out time penalty clauses in many cases.

The minor issues outstanding, plus all the minor defects which are discovered when a building is first occupied are called snagging and will be sorted out post-PC.

This educational message has been brought to you by the letter "L" and the number "36"*

Loafer

* in homage to Sesame Street, for all those that remember it...
Monday 18 December 2006 1.50pm
I think in addition to the Grange Road surgery there is going to be a dentist and a pharmacy on the ground floor. I'm not sure if perhaps there will be anything else?
Monday 18 December 2006 1.54pm
From the developers web site, it looks like the ground floor will be a doctor/dentist/pharmacy:

http://www.bermondseyspa.co.uk/site/bs_dev_ac_about.html

Chris
Wednesday 10 January 2007 4.14pm
Have you had a completion date yet?

We've been told that they wont be letting people know until early feb, and block C will be the first to complete. They will move in one floor per day and will give 10 days notice.
Wednesday 10 January 2007 4.19pm
No, nothing received yet
Wednesday 17 January 2007 9.48pm
i'm still waiting for a confirmation completion date too!
Wednesday 31 January 2007 7.30pm
hello, just spoke to savills today who told me that "core c" have now been called with their completion dates.. unfortunately i'm in core d which they reckon is about a week or so behind.. so maybe should be able to move in by end of feb?!?!?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 4 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions