London SE1 community website

Artesian building on Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 7 of 10
Tuesday 17 April 2007 3.28pm
Hi Sweeties,

I agree, happy with my flat as well, the park,the view...

How is arancia by the way, was thinking of trying? Also you mention poppy hana, where is this?

Thanks!
Tuesday 17 April 2007 4.37pm
Thanks guys - glad you are all settling in well.

Arancia is pretty good - homemade style Italian food in a cozy setting. Not too expensive either.

Poppy Hana is a couple of doors down from Bermondsey Tube station on Jamaica Rd. They do delivery, with a minium order of 20 pounds, if you can't be bothered to go out. Very good food and good value.

Chris
Monday 23 April 2007 4.18pm
i thought arancia was pretty good for a local restaurant.. and prices are very reasonable!

poppy hana is like a budget priced japanese restaurant that serves up pretty decent sushi.. the standard stuff is good.. but i didn't think the uni (sea urchin) was very good quality.. and if you're ordering a delivery, don't go for anything battered and fried (like tempura) as it will go soggy!
Monday 23 April 2007 5.46pm
If you are eating in at Poppy Hana, the two ramen dishes are excellent...huges bowls of noodles, soup and either chicken or seafood...
Wednesday 25 April 2007 3.37pm
i'm not wholly keen on ramen - as unfortunately am a bit snobbish thinking that i could make it myself with a packet of noodles from chinatown for 65p!

however, i normally go to cafe east (further into se16) for a good steaming bowl of pho - no connection etc etc except that i am also vietnamese and other than my mum's cooking, this place serves up the best pho in london!!
Wednesday 25 April 2007 4.57pm
Where is cafe east?

Thanks
Thursday 26 April 2007 5.23pm
it's on evelyn st, corner of alloa st.. oops, actually i'm not sure if it's se16 even, it might be se8.. sorry - i drive there so it seems really close!!
Thursday 26 April 2007 8.04pm
I guess I could take the no 1 bus to Surrey Quays & walk ... I went to Vietnam last year and became addicted to pho
Friday 27 April 2007 1.31pm
i used to go to cafe east a lot a few years back - as i had friends lliving near by.. when they moved, i stopped having an excuse to go, but now that i'm in bermondsey, and it's a 5 minute drive away, i'm back!

be warned though, that sometimes it can get v. busy and there are queues outside! yes queues! i couldn't believe it! ended up getting a takeaway as too hungry to wait, although i think the queue moves pretty fast.. takeaway is actually pretty good as they keep the pho and the broth separate, for you to combine when you get home.. this way the pho doesn't get soggy!
Thursday 10 May 2007 5.34pm
is anyone else having trouble with sky broadband in the building??

we got it connected and it was working fine.. for about a week! now it's "error 300" and they can't figure out what's wrong with it..

it's now been about 3 weeks without service, and they are blaming BT..

anyone got a good broadband service that they can recommend in this building??

i was trying to save money with the sky deal, but it's not worth it if i can't get connected to the damn thing!! grrr..
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 7 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions