London SE1 community website

Artesian building on Spa Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 8 of 10
Thursday 10 May 2007 8.21pm
Did you get a letter from Hyde about tennants (the pikey ones) hanging washing on the balconies? Seems it is a clause in the lease that you're not allowed to do it.

Hyde say they are going to crack down on it, which is good as it looks awful.

There are certain tenants in the Artesian building that are just beyond me, they have no respect for where they live. I've seen people spitting off balconies, throwing fag-ends in to the coutyard, and today someone had dumped a fridge and a broken mirror outside the front door of the........... ah hmm........ more 'interesting' part of the building.

I used to be a leftie but now I'm sounding more Tory I know, but honestly, if you can't respect where you live then should you deserve to be put in a lovely building like the Artesian?
Thursday 10 May 2007 8.59pm
heehee, yeah, got same letter..

it's funny how some things seem to be acceptable to "the other side".. mind you if that's the environment that you were brought up in then maybe it's just that you don't know any different..

apparently you're also not allowed bbqs on the balcony, and there's a sign saying no bbqs in the park, but a bunch of kids were bbqing in the park the other week.. i was using the running track at the time and kept salivating at the smell of food!! (i'm not obsessed with food, really!)

i wonder if the no bbq rule in the park will actually be enforced?! it might be quite nice to have a bit of a bbq in the evening over summer!
Friday 11 May 2007 8.11am
sweeties wrote:
it's funny how some things seem to be acceptable to "the other side".. mind you if that's the environment that you were brought up

A condemnatory classist observation related to such working class pursuits as laundry which can be contrasted with approval of rule breaking for lower middle class pursuits such as barbecues.

sweeties wrote:
i wonder if the no bbq rule in the park will actually be enforced?! it might be quite nice to have a bit of a bbq in the evening over summer!

Or did I misunderstand you?
Sunday 13 May 2007 9.40pm
[quote sweeties]anyone got a good broadband service that they can recommend in this building??

I've got a TalkTalk phone & broadband package and have no complaints
Monday 14 May 2007 1.51pm
Hello - new here- We have recently moved into the Artesian building on alscot road- just wondered if anyone knows when they'll finish the gardens etc?
Also- have problems with sky plus not recording..
does anyone know how much the flats in st james development will be?- what do people think of it?
Monday 14 May 2007 3.52pm
I heard from Fernando of Savills that all the 2bed flats on the first 2 floors of St James have already been sold - I think the prices ranged from 300-380k. The next wave of flats to be released in St James will have 2bed flats starting at 440k (gulp!)
Monday 14 May 2007 5.03pm
I have a freeview PVR and no probs recording on it at all so far. However, the TV aerial in the bedroom doesn't work, has anyone else had that problem? Some guy supposedly came to fix it but I am still having probs.
Monday 14 May 2007 5.45pm
juanita wrote:
The next wave of flats to be released in St James will have 2bed flats starting at 440k (gulp!)

Wow - you guys in the Artesian building got a pretty good deal!

It's going to be very interesting to see how the St. James's development effects The Blue...I wonder if we'll finally see a good restaurant down there?
Tuesday 15 May 2007 8.34am
I don't know if the St James devt will affect The Blue as it is closer to Jamaica Road & Bermondsey Tube, opposite St James church
Tuesday 15 May 2007 9.07am
Does anyone know the website for the St James'Road development?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 8 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions