London SE1 community website

Friends of Archbishop's Park - post-AGM

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Thursday 30 November 2006 12.03pm
Can I ask some questions of Kate or Helen or anyone who has a copy of the constitution of the FoAP.

How many positions are there on the committee and what provision is there for electing them? Does the constitution explicitly provide for 10 committee members to be elected by the AGM? If not why was this number of places for election chosen?
Thursday 30 November 2006 12.13pm
An omission from the results of the election for ordinary committee members that I posted after the meeting has been brought to my attention.

I missed Jonathan Male off the list, who received 71 votes and was therefore elected to the committee.

The list should have read:

Maisie Payton - 89
Joss Brushfield - 75
Cathy Golding - 73
Jonathan Male - 71
Dr Lyn Pilowsky - 70
Janet Simpson - 71
Merja Myllylahti - 68
Linda Barrett - 29
Sarah O'Connell - 26
Anu Mitra - 26
Dawn Assadar - 20
Shaun Milton - 18
Katrina Chapman - 16
Peter Robathan - 13
David Toothill - 10
Jennifer Wood - 7

Apologies for adding to the confusion instead of bringing clarity as I had hoped!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 30 November 2006 1.23pm
To correct/clarify the position;

1. The FoAP Constitution clearly (and expressly) states that the committee shall consist of the 3 officers (chair/treasurer/secretary) together with "not more than 7 members elected at the AGM ". So, we were only allowed to elect the 3 officers plus a maximum of 7 other committee members.

2. The Constitution also expressly provides that 2 further members maybe appointed to the committee "by a majority of the committee at a committee meeting". This will be on the agenda for discussion at the next committee meeting.

3. The records show that 62 members attended the AGM in person (all of whom could vote in committee election). The records also show that there were 37 proxy votes. Therefore the composition of the committee would still be exactly the same if proxy votes were excluded.
Thursday 30 November 2006 1.26pm
Thanks for the clarification on my questions about the constitution.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions