London SE1 community website

Alderminster Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 11 February 2014 7.54am
Yes, Alderminster Road, Bermondsey no longer exists, but you can see a map of the are on the following site....

bermondseyboy.lefora.com/topic/3658691‎

My grandmother Selina Maria Massey nee Kemp was born at 222 Alderminster Road on the 4 March 1873, my grandfather was born on 31 October 1872 at 96 Goldsmiths Row, Homerton, Hackney, he was a shoemaker and lived and worked in the Bermondsey area, his nickname was "Wag" if anyone has ever heard of either of them please let me know.

Many thanks

Ken
Wednesday 12 February 2014 11.24am
sherrill wrote:
I have just found out my Nan was born at 136 Alderminster Road Bermondsey in 1886. Has anyone any pictures of the road? Surname was Freestone and they ran a pub which was called the Old Dun Cow.

There is a Dun Cow GP surgery near Tesco on OKR which used to be a pub... There's a pic on the OKR Wikipedia entry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Kent_Road
Wednesday 12 February 2014 8.03pm
There was a road sign for Alderminster road on the old railway wall some where near the junction with Alma grove...sorry not the actual sign but the marking of where it was...
Thursday 13 February 2014 8.56am
Ok the best way to tell topic owner sorry forgot your name,if you turn from dunton into lynton road the whole of the old railway wall was Alderminster road,follow it round the back of lynton estate then when you get to Patterson park follow the back gardens of the houses that run along the fence of schools football pitch up to the bridge and from there your on your own...lol...hope it helps...
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions