London SE1 community website

Borough High Street Sainsbury

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9
Monday 22 January 2007 5.38pm
I use it a lot on the way home for top up shopping and for that it is great. The thing i don't like is it is so cramped-if you ge someone with a back pack or a pram then the whole place grinds to a halt.
Monday 22 January 2007 10.04pm
Before they closed for the refurb they had a very weird selection. My favourite was BBQ utensils which occupied shelf space through the winter.

I haven't seen them in the new store - perhaps they are behind the cat milk!.

BTW, Sainsburys has had a reputation for poor supply chain for 10 years, since they took on a large computer consultancy to 'help'.
Tuesday 23 January 2007 6.40am
they seem to have as many empty shelves as was often the case in the old iron curtain countries!
Tuesday 23 January 2007 1.56pm
Is the red wine and the deicer a bit of a duplication - I never waste wine on deicing but if desparate...........
Wednesday 24 January 2007 12.56pm
I went in at about 7 the other eve and the que was so big I left it and went ot M&S. They didn't have any mozzarella so I went back to Sainsburys. In the time it took to do that the previously full tomato and pepper shelves had emptied. They also had no mozzarella.
They've got all those new freezers and nothing vegetarian. I know I can eat the pizza and onion rings etc. but I mean some veggie burgers or linda Mcartney something or other would be good. Even the Findus crispy pancakes are chicken and ham.
Another moan I have is that even more people than before don't que and the cashiers serve them anyway.
Last one, which sort of amuses me for some reason- one of the cashiers always bashes my lemonade so that if I were to open it soon after getting home it would go everywhere (made this mistake before). I've tried to explain it to her but she just says 'really?' with a big grin and continues to do it. moan moan moan...
ADT
Wednesday 24 January 2007 1.28pm
beetroot wrote:
Last one, which sort of amuses me for some reason- one of the cashiers always bashes my lemonade so that if I were to open it soon after getting home it would go everywhere (made this mistake before). I've tried to explain it to her but she just says 'really?' with a big grin and continues to do it. moan moan moan...

Maybe a demonstration in the store would be more easily understood :-)
Wednesday 24 January 2007 1.43pm
I've thought of that but she's actually a really sweet woman (just a bit dim) and it would make a mess. Maybe I could do it so they se the funny side.
Saturday 10 February 2007 9.45am
Just wanted to add a few lines regarding this store's commercial policy which I find disgusting.
Yesterday evening, 09/02, I went there after work around 8pm for some quick grocery shopping. I needed some white bread for breakfast so I grabbed a pack of Kingsmill on offer without thinking further.
This morning when I opened it I noticed the Best before date: 09/02!!

I can't believe these guys at Sainsbury's BHS are dishonest enough to keep some products on their shelves until the very last minutes of their BBD.
I always go to this store reluctantly because I know I will always find empty shelves. Now I'm done with them, I'm voting with my feet!
Saturday 10 February 2007 10.39am
I think the floorspace is the same as before but they've crammed more in and made it more claustrophobic.

The range hasn't improved. I really hope that the proposed supermarket in Tabard Square materialises (Waitrose, pretty please?)

http://takemystuff.co.uk <-- free stuff and get rid of your unwanted stuff
Saturday 10 February 2007 11.15am
The floor space has increased but the range has hardly improved. It really is very badly managed.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions