London SE1 community website

Borough High Street Sainsbury

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 3 of 9
Saturday 10 February 2007 1.45pm
I don't like having to buy a *pack* of onions or a *pack* of carrots when I just want one or two. I know it's only about 50p but loose fruit and veg is something I'd expect from any supermarket.
Saturday 10 February 2007 3.32pm
Yes, Charles, the floor space has increased but the range seems to have got smaller!
Sunday 11 February 2007 7.56pm
I don't mean to be pedantic, but you CAN buy onions loose there.

No loose carrots though!
Sunday 11 February 2007 8.36pm
Ruth Elleson wrote:
[...] you CAN buy onions loose there.

Thank you, I'll bear that in mind. It's just this culture of everything-in-its-own-packaging which is quite annoying, unnecessary, pandering to the bacterially hypersensitive, and a good excuse for supermarkets to charge more for no good reason.

Rant over.
Sunday 11 February 2007 9.10pm
Oh don't worry, I agree with you! Almost everything is pre-packed in there - not to mention overpriced.
Sunday 11 February 2007 10.07pm
The one in Waterloo is also rubbish- lots of fruit and veg (v expensive), but not much of anything else.
Friday 16 February 2007 8.35pm
the store is badly laid out and the stock control is the pits....empty shelves side by side with loads of useless stuff nooone will ever buy.
they will be in big trouble when m&s open their food store at tabard/empire square...watch this space...
Friday 16 February 2007 10.37pm
they used to do the cheap coffee, and filter papers. No more. Organic mild and mature cheddar. Now just mild. I'm sure I've noticed loads more but can't think right now because I'm a bit tipsy. I wonder if its because it does a roaring trade /sq ft so it doesn't show up as a problem. Its amazing how badly managed a place can be.
Friday 16 February 2007 10.56pm
Well Tesco in Elephant have discontinued every single plain frozen fish portion, in order to squeeze new frozen Finest ready meals in. Now you have no choice but to buy fresh.
Friday 16 February 2007 11.00pm
Tescos have also (unless they've recently corrected it got rid of all non-quorn frozen veggie stuff; linda Mcartney pies, sausage rolls etc.
(Can someone tell me if that's the correct use of a semi-colon? I dream of one day using semi-colons. sigh)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 3 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions