London SE1 community website

Borough High Street Sainsbury

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9
Saturday 21 April 2007 3.35pm
Slightly less Piat D'Or in there last night than usual - could the tide be turning?
Tuesday 24 April 2007 9.39pm
it gets worse...this evening the fridges were all not working...they were selling chilled drinks, sandwiches etc at room temp...think a call to southwark trading standards is in order
Wednesday 25 April 2007 12.14am
Bought a strawberry trifle on my way home. I am having a bad tummy at the moment. I shouldn't have bought it but I was so hungry. Well, it's been a busy day at work and I haven't eaten all day.
Wednesday 25 April 2007 8.49am
I was in another branch of Sainsbury's Local yesterday (not in SE1) and was looking for a toothbrush. There didn't appear to be any. When I asked the manager, who happened to be pacing the floor at the time, he informed me, "We no longer sell toothbrushes in this branch." Yet, weirdly, they sell Steradent denture tablets....
Wednesday 25 April 2007 9.58am
I posted a comment just after Zappomatic sayning I thought it was going to end up more of a newsagent than supermarket but my post seems to have disappeared. Odd.
Wednesday 25 April 2007 10.17am
It would be like a newsagent if you could get anywhere near the magazines - they're blocked in by a rack of umbrellas.

They seem to have stopped selling organic skimmed milk now.

However, the worst thing is they are now handing out tiny carrier bags meaning you need to use more than usual to carry your shopping. I can see the reasoning in that a lot of people only go in for a couple of items but surely they should stock both sizes. The irony is that Sainsbury's are running a national campaign on Friday to reduce the number of carrier bags used. Maybe their staff at BHS should be advised - I bought an Evening Standard earlier in the week which was promptly put into a bag!
Wednesday 25 April 2007 10.52am
Emmab

they told me they had been delivered the wrong size (again)

I know it has it many faults but for myself who just buys top ups to my main weekly shop like bread, milk and bits and pieces i may have forgotten it is very useful. Before it opened i was buying milk from local shops with hardly any time left date wise and hard bread at its sell by date so i for one think it is a great asset to the area.
Wednesday 25 April 2007 10.57am
I agree it is better than it not being there at all but I also think it's right to complain about it not fulfilling it's potential.
Having said that Sainsburys completely ignored my email to head office.
PKM
Wednesday 25 April 2007 11.04am
beetroot wrote:
Tescos have also (unless they've recently corrected it got rid of all non-quorn frozen veggie stuff; linda Mcartney pies, sausage rolls etc.
(Can someone tell me if that's the correct use of a semi-colon? I dream of one day using semi-colons. sigh)

Hmmm, I think a colon may have been more appropriate; you are listing the items that make up your category (non frozen veggie stuff).
Wednesday 25 April 2007 11.15am
I think my colon would be complaining if I fed it Linda McCartney pies. And my semi-colon.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions