London SE1 community website

Borough High Street Sainsbury

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9
Tuesday 5 June 2007 10.11am
soya milk from BHS Sainsburys is all curdled and wierd. Has been for weeks. I wonder if it's due to their extreme temperature fluctuations. I remember melting cheese last year. It's getting quite nice outside. I wonder if they'll turn the heat up.
Saturday 9 June 2007 2.04pm
That shop gets more weird every day... for entertainment its second to none

A couple of weeks ago I was in there fighting the temptation of de-icer and cat milk, when some bloke came in and emptied the contents of a rucksack of meat into the reduced items fridge.

I assumed this was some sort of cheapskate Sainsburys delivery method but a fellow "shopper" was convinced it was terrorism and forced one of the staff to remove it all.
Saturday 9 June 2007 2.33pm
I must say, this place attracts the stupidest of customers too. The number of people that think the doorway is the best place for a chat is frightening.
Saturday 9 June 2007 10.03pm
Enough already.....shop there or don't shop there - decide, but am I the only one who thinks this thread is way past its sell by date now ? No puns about sainsbury's goods please !
Sunday 10 June 2007 8.52am
no! im sure this one can run and run. i see they are still flogging piat d'or
Sunday 10 June 2007 10.43am
Either read this thread or don't read this thread!
Sunday 10 June 2007 7.02pm
Decided. Enjoy !
Sunday 10 June 2007 8.17pm
I'm going to the minimart opposite more and more to get the things I actually want. Also the one opposite the Post Office further down. No Balsamic vinegar for weeks and they've actually stopped stocking the mixed bean salads which were the base for most of my meals. Really irritating.

Toothbrushes across the road by the way, Longlaner.
Sunday 10 June 2007 11.43pm
i'm fed up with the fact the white wine fridge has not worked for over four weeks!!!

also red wine for 13.45? is that a mistake on the price tag?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions