London SE1 community website

Borough High Street Sainsbury

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9
Tuesday 12 June 2007 10.54am
Given that Tescos at Surrey Quays is well known for its stock problems (lack of fruit and veg no fresh bread and running out of turkeys at christmas) i wonder if the new Tescos will be any better!!
Thursday 14 June 2007 8.55pm
I would be useful if they could be provided with a link to this forum. Might shake them into some action and perhaps someone might care to offer an explanation here for the woeful nature of the stores stocking regime.
KM
Friday 15 June 2007 8.04am
They probably don't care as they're making plenty of profit out of us on cat milk (love it!) etc. Yesterday lunchtime I went in for a few things, went to join the queue, followed it round the shop and ended up by the sandwiches at which point I put the basket back and left!
Friday 15 June 2007 8.48am
They serve people that don't queue anyway. Just hang around the tills you can't see form the queue and they'll serve you. Or for amusement, try talking to the thick staff about it who smile and nod and carry on the same.
Friday 15 June 2007 5.56pm
re KM's last post - How do you milk a cat?
Saturday 16 June 2007 10.49am
What intrigues me about the place is how the numbers that use it seemed to have quadrupled since the refit. Where were all these... let's call them 'clients' shopping previously?
Saturday 16 June 2007 11.24am
I wondered about that too. Did Sainsburys do leafleting or something?
Tuesday 23 October 2007 12.27am
I bought some Mascarpone a couple of weeks ago and the tub I took from the front had only 3 days to go until the best before date. So I looked further back in the hope I'd find one with a bit longer to live. Instead I found a whole stack that was 3 weeks out of date.

I went to the till and asked for the manager. The girl went for 5 minutes, came back and said the manager was having a break. I said that if the manager didn't come, I'd take the tub straight to Environmental Health. So she came and was very apologetic. I left my card asking her to treat it as a complaint, but I've not heard back. I have, however, seen staff checking the stock more carefully.

Oh I complaint via the Sainsbury website about something else a few months ago (same store) and got a call the next day, an apology, confirmation they had talked to the manager about it and a 20 voucher in the post. So I'd encourage everyone on here to do that too: http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/furniture/contactus/contactus.htm
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions