London SE1 community website

Tito's Peruvian restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 8 February 2007 4.11pm
I am thinking of trying Tito's Peruvian restaurant (by London bridge) tonight. Has anyone been there?
Thursday 8 February 2007 10.51pm
It looks dire. Tell us all about it.
Thursday 8 February 2007 11.01pm
Is there really guinea pig, or is that a myth?
Friday 9 February 2007 9.52am
Well, that was disappointing. Food was mildly warm and tasteless and there was no atmosphere. I wrongly expected lots of City people would dine there before boarding their trains. The 80's punk music was out of place. After experiencing the great Fina Estampa, that was a real let down.
Tuesday 13 February 2007 6.54pm
How gutting- I was getting restless for a south american fix.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever been to the Columbian/Bolivian place which is underneath the pool hall on Duke Street Hill/Tooley Street?

I've never yet seen anyone in there and keep wondering if it's a front for something??
Wednesday 14 February 2007 11.04am
There was an interview in Time Out with the owner recently, and she says it is very busy with London Peruvians on a Sunday.

For South American food, I personally recommend the Ecuadorean lunch place in the E&C shopping centre, weekends only at the New Kent Road entrance on the first floor. It is more a kiosk-with-tables than a restaurant, but the food is fantastic. Much much better than La Bodeguita.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 11.08am
chustler wrote:
Speaking of which, has anyone ever been to the Columbian/Bolivian place which is underneath the pool hall on Duke Street Hill/Tooley Street?

I've never yet seen anyone in there and keep wondering if it's a front for something??

I've been to a wedding reception there and eaten there once or twice on other occasions but not for a few years now. It's quite nice, nothing special, but if you like South American food it's worth checking out.
Wednesday 14 February 2007 12.30pm
Toto's is a bit pants. I had something that sounded interesting but turned out to be a giant potato croquette with cheddar in the middle!
They're fry up breakfasts take an age too, though they're ok.
Friday 23 February 2007 9.02pm
i went there last friday after tate modern... had a chilli duck with rice, it was fine. my friend had some steak with fries an egg and a whole load of other stuff. i cant say its the greatest place to eat, but it was not bad at all, portions are huge and reasonably priced
Saturday 24 February 2007 8.39pm
Yulia, I think you went on the ground floor which is like a dinner with mixed British/Peruvian dishes. Upstairs is the actual restaurant which I found disappointing.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions