London SE1 community website

Good place in SE1 for Sunday lunch?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Friday 27 April 2007 2.40pm
Poppy Hana is great (but we'd better not mention it too much as it's SE16). It's closed on Sundays, though. No connection.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 27 April 2007 3.09pm
It is expensive- about 30 a head...
Friday 27 April 2007 4.43pm
30 a head - not for food on it's own surely? How much of that was food and how much was drink?

We went there when they had an all you can eat Buffet for 15 a head including 1 free drink.
Friday 27 April 2007 9.06pm
Sorry, I was replying to someone else's post about cost of Sunday Lunch at Anchor and Hope- and I forgot to 'quote and reply'.
Friday 8 November 2013 8.58am
Not sure what the etiquette is here on digging up old threads, but I put "carvery se1" In Google and this thread was top link so thought be useful to update it as it's 5yr old!

Share your recommendations! I'd also personally be interested to hear about places they cater a carvery/roast for children, but all recommendations welcome!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions