London SE1 community website

Theft of SE1 Mail Continues?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Sunday 15 April 2007 8.10pm
I've been done. Who in SE1 hasn't? Overseas mail seems so vulnerable. But you'd have to be seriously crazy to let your bank send you replacement cards through Mandela Way.

A recent minor scam popped up here at Falcon Point when a 'you were out' card was left in all the flats in our block, advising there weren't enough stamps on the original item. Turns out it was a flier from a real estate agent!

If, somehow, we could boycott this awful place - a daft notion, I know - do you think these bandits would worry about it - or just put their feet up and start laughing their heads off?
KM
Monday 16 April 2007 9.24am
[quote Nuitties]You can even tell by the tone of their voice when you call them that they won't even make an effort to try to find it.[quote Nuitties]

Please don't be so hard on yourself, if you managed to get an answer from Mandela Way you have achieved something I haven't done in many years!
Monday 16 April 2007 10.53am
This may have already been covered, but our apartment block has not received any post for 2 weeks. Is there an office where I could raise this issue? Thanks
Tuesday 17 April 2007 1.20am
Mandela Way has never picked up the phone to redirect my parcel to the local post office. I now have parcels delivered to my work place.
Friday 20 April 2007 4.13pm
Afriad I too have had loads post go especailly at end of last year. Over the past year I have had about 6 recorded delvery articles attempted to be delivered when I was out (card left) I have never ever beeen able to get through to Mandela Way sorting office to arrange a re deivery.(rings out or get a message sayng enter your mailbox?)
I have had to go every time to Post office complaints to get through! Three of the items taken back to the office, parcels, went missing!
Would it not be an idea if one for us correlated all this info in the forum and sent it to the post office.I would offer to do this but would obvioulsy need permision
Friday 20 April 2007 4.29pm
The on-line re-delivery service to a post office actually worked for me the other day.
Saturday 21 April 2007 1.41am
kmitchell wrote:
But you'd have to be seriously crazy to let your bank send you replacement cards through Mandela Way
You laugh but actually I have this problem right now. My credit card company will not send a replacement card anywhere except my home address - and get this: I explained to them I live in a high theft area and asked them to send it by special delivery. They refused. But if someone steals the card, they would still assume that I got the card and come after me for the money.

The concep of customer service - or lack of it - these days just boggles the mind. Whether government services or business, no one really cares.
Saturday 21 April 2007 10.02am
Until the day someone goes in and cleans up Mandela Way (should we send for Nelson?), this problem won't go away. It will blight our lives for years to come. What ever happened to Adam Crozier? Maybe another dose of bad press will help. I doubt it. Simon Hughes, who some of you think is a saint, talks a good fight. But what has he actually done? What's changed? How old is this thread, for instance? And threads before it.

It's a great shame. A system that was so brilliant when it started in the 19th century (or whenever) is a shambles. People who work at a place named after a man of the utmost integrity have no pride in their work and no inclination to stop the thieving that goes on around them every day. They are the super-ironists. And we are their audience.

May the 8th ought to be a date that concentrates the minds of SE1 voters. Ask these poltroons begging for our votes what they're going to do about this wretched place.
Saturday 21 April 2007 10.08am
I beg your pardon. 4th of May. I'm obviously living in a delayed universe, where, you know, cup finals happen when you can get there, street lights change every two days, the river slows to a trickle and your letters are delivered when Postman Pat can be bothered.
Saturday 21 April 2007 7.24pm
There are no elections in London this year. We had the council elections last year and it's the Mayor/Assembly/European elections next year.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions