London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 120
Thursday 14 June 2007 5.42pm
I read in the paper a couple of days ago that Multiplex has been sold or bought out (whatever the appropriate phrase is). Wonder whether this will have any impact on the Tower...
Thursday 14 June 2007 7.06pm
Well, the apartments have sold out, so I doubt they'll cancel the project :-)
PJ
Friday 15 June 2007 9.04am
It was in the papers at the weekend that they have sold a penthouse in the building for 2million.
Friday 15 June 2007 11.49am
The asking price was 2,110,000!
Friday 15 June 2007 11.53am
Hardly surprising given the views they'll have from up there.
PJ
Wednesday 20 June 2007 9.06am
I heard that Southwark council's decision to move to Tooley Street and not E&C is putting the regeneration programme in jepordy.
Wednesday 20 June 2007 9.35am
I really don't think that is an important factor in the overall E&C equation. In any case the council has not ruled out a civic centre at the E&C in the longer term. Tooley Street is supposedly a medium-term solution.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
PJ
Wednesday 20 June 2007 10.32am
That would be a relief but I thought that they had taken out a 25year lease on the Tooley Street site?
Wednesday 20 June 2007 6.12pm
Yes the view from Draper House will be challenging too - especially for us fans of tall buildings.
Current: 10 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions