London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 120
Thursday 21 June 2007 6.29pm
i thought the long term plan was still to build a town hall at the elephant but in the very dim and distant future (10-15 years)

Allowing for the usual slight time overruns taking out a 25 year lease on tooley street could be good managment (or just a co incidence :-)
PJ
Thursday 21 June 2007 7.11pm
Good point. Especially in view of how long it is taking them to get on with taking out the subways and with Multiplex building the tower no doubt that will be ready in 2015 rather than 2010.
Thursday 21 June 2007 7.30pm
We're anyway not due for completion till 2014...
PJ
Thursday 21 June 2007 8.05pm
Any good piccys of the work going on from your eyrie Jackie?
Friday 22 June 2007 6.12am
Am about to come back to London on Monday, so will provide same. (If I understand how to post them which is a minor problem).
Ben
Wednesday 11 July 2007 6.05am
Hello There. I am New to the SE1 forum site and thought I should say Hello!!!!!
I have been reading with interest about the regeneration program within Elephant and Castle.
Sounds like the area is being transformed to which most can see the benefits and others are finding the change hard.
I Liked the Mupliplex Tower ( now called Strata ) so much that I bought one and look forward to moving into the area in 2010 :-)
Nice to meet you all.
Wednesday 11 July 2007 8.43am
Gosh Ben, we're all impressed! Someone who's actually BOUGHT in Strata. Will you live to move in? And where are you living in the meantime? The site is nicely shrouded in cream silk at the moment, so who knows what's going on there. Hope it doesnt overrun like Wembley Stadium.
Wednesday 11 July 2007 11.28am
Furthermore, contrary to what I told you all previously, I CAN see Strata from my terrace. And we will be posting, via the ELephant Regeneration Site, pics of everything from my terrace (they're coming to photograph today).
Ben
Friday 13 July 2007 11.10pm
Firstly Jackie, thank you for being the first to welcome me on this site ;-)) Much appreciated - really.

Don't laugh, but now i actually live in a cosy bungalow in a quiet tree lined street in Wembley Park.......LOL

I must have a fasination for multiplex i suppose Ha Ha

But Wow Jackie, I was round elephant last week taking images as i've never been before. Seems a real community buzz but found it difficult to take images of the buildings i hoping to caption on film - growing from month to month.

Is it really a possibility to spend some time on your roof terrace to grab some shots from time to time??? Please.......Pretty pretty please....... ;-)) I have chocolate biscuits. HHmmmmm. Yum
Saturday 14 July 2007 1.24am
Everyone comes to my terrace sooner or later...it's the one with the trees on top of Metro Central Heights opposite the Coronet. By all means come up and take in the view. Just warn me first.
Current: 11 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions