London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 111 of 120
Tuesday 14 September 2010 8.04pm
So it will take 25 years or so to return the investment, then the rent income is free money - not counting any service charges, interest, nor appreciation/depreciation, assuming it is occupied every day between now and 2035, and the rent is paid promptly?
Why doesn't everyone become a buy to let landlord then?
Tuesday 14 September 2010 9.40pm
Is 'Beg Ben' one of the people they're talking about over on the thread about vagrancy?

And can you really see Big Ben and St Paul's Cathedral from a West facing view from Strata? Wouldn't it at least require a mirror?
Wednesday 15 September 2010 6.59am
Yes indeed you should be able to see these from a West facing view. We see Big Ben from our terrace and we dont see St. Paul's only because we are on 13th floor, and the North Block of MCH is higher and hides our view of it, otherwise we would. Strata is by FAR higher and should be able to get the lot!
Raj
Wednesday 15 September 2010 1.26pm
Apologies re advert - didn;t realise it wasn't permitted ! All the subsequent comments are quite amusing and I can see what I am missing by not moving in ! Great West views and any floor above 20/21 clears Draper House nicely. Happy to remove the ad but need to work out how !
Wednesday 15 September 2010 2.45pm
don't worry Raj, we're a polite bunch here.
I'm surprised that you can see Big Ben though, I thought it was hidden inside St Stephen's tower, behind the clock face, and all the workings.
Thursday 16 September 2010 2.25pm
Big Ben looks surprisingly small from the turbine deck of Strata!
Tuesday 21 September 2010 2.24pm
Perhaps the wind is strong today, but the most Westerly turbine is turning at (what I would assume to be) full-speed, the middle turbine is turning slowly and the Easterly one isn't moving.

Time for Strata residents to put the kettle on I guess!
Wednesday 22 September 2010 5.12pm
All three turbines turning at speed today - sounds like an angry donkey! Will someone please get the WD40 before complaints from people like me living nearby get the turbines stopped?
Wednesday 22 September 2010 11.33pm
Southwark noise team contact here
Thursday 23 September 2010 10.10pm
Standing under the full moon on Hampton St tonight looking up at the turbines spinning and listening to the sound of frogs filling the night.

I wonder if people in the flats can hear the croaking and throat warbing?

Does anyone know if they are still testing the turbines, greasing, aligning etc or is the sound of frogs going to be a permanent feature to the area.
Current: 111 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions